Managerial Merry-go-round

Anything yellow and blue
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Managerial Merry-go-round

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:Wilder is massive odds on wherever you look, I really wouldn't be at all surprised if he stays, after what happened with Wilder and Coventry at the start of the season, odds on =/= done deal.
Hmm, everyone seems to have stopped taking bets on it - could be a done deal, despite SUFC saying that they're going to start looking properly after the weekend. Mind you, the 'next manager' markets are the biggest mugs game in town. If I were chairman, I'd stick as much as possible on a 100-1 outsider, then publicly get them in for an interview and hedge the bet at the much shorter odds. You could probably do this three or four times and make a hefty wedge.

edit: Wilder isn't taking up mixed-martial arts as far as I'm aware, so I put an 'S' in...
Last edited by SmileyMan on Wed May 08, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Seems a bit strange having just signed a new contract. Mind you, at least that means we get some compensation if he does go.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Stuart Mccall now favourite for Sheffield United job at evens, Wilder 4/1 at 3pm today.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

So Sir Alex retires, which means Wilder will become the 6th longest serving league manager, Moyes looks set to take over which would leave Wilder 5th behind Wenger, Pulis, Tisdale and Abbott.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Oh, apparently someone has resigned from a club up north-west somewhere, but struggling to find much coverage of it so cannot report more than that right now..!

Moyes now clear odds on favourite to take over, with Martinez equally set to move to Goodison, though the chain will probably stop there with hsi #2 Graeme Jones likely to step up at the DW.
Meanwhile Jose equally odds on for Chelsea, with opinion definitely siding on him still going there rather than OT, with Rafa now favourite for PSG, ahead of Wenger.
Howe &amp Saunders still head up Doncaster odds
Jackett &amp the other Fergie top the list for Wolves
No details on the Macc job except that Fowler was interviewed
As for Sheff Utd, Mccall now evens with Bet Victor, with Wilder and Southgate at 4s, while the SkyBet odds for 'manager on 1st day of season' dont even include Wilder!

Let the games begin!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Moyes all but confirmed, with Everton announcing the search for a new manager and Utd posting 'Welcome David Moyes' pages on Facebook.
Martinez remains favourite to take Everton job, with Lennon, Laudrup &amp Phil Neville among the chasers.

Seems the other manager hunts have all gone quiet since the big one broke, CW still 2nd fave behind Mccall for Blades...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotMooro&quot wrote: Seems the other manager hunts have all gone quiet since the big one broke, CW still 2nd fave behind Mccall for Blades...
Typical, I say that and Hartlepool go and announce that John Hughes has been sacked after relegation from League 1...

Anyway, now confirmed that David Moyes has signed a 6 year contract at Man U, starting on July 1st.....
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Why would you give a manager a six year contract ?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Why would you give a manager a six year contract ?
Because management contracts are written on bog roll as far as everyone in football is concerned.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

Purely hypothetical, and made up figures, but Moyes was negotiating a renewed contract with Everton and had been a good and loyal servant to them. Lets say he was offered 10 years at 3 million a year by Everton.

When approached by Man U Moyes (or rather his agent) would have insisted that their was no risk of Moyes losing out financially if he took the job. Man U bettered the contract by reducing the period. Gross misconduct excepted, Moyes is guaranteed 30 million whatever happens.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Also I'm pretty sure Man Utd don't want to copy the Chelsea model of a manager every 5 minutes now that SAF's gone and that is something of a statement of intent. I think whatever legnth of contract Moyes would have to do awfully to not be in charge in August 2014.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Lennon, Martinez &amp Malky Mackay top the list for Everton, with Phil Neville high up the list too (&amp Big Duncan)
Graeme Jones remains top of list to replace Martinez at Wigan, with Owen Coyle &amp Paul Jewell next
Coyle also high in the list for the Wolves job, splitting Jackett &amp Fergie Jr
Wilder and Mccall still top the list for the Blades, though no confirmation either are on their 7man shortlist.
Dickov still top for Donnie, from Deano second
Colin Cooper and GRaham Kavenagh early showers for the Hartlepool job,
while James Beattie shows an interest in the Stanley job (Wonder whether we could attract him as a player/coach here instead?)
GAry Bowyer has met the head chickens, so likely to be announced for Blackburn any day....
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:GAry Bowyer has met the head chickens, so likely to be announced for Blackburn any day....
I'll give him until December...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

James Beattie has been appointed the new Manager of
Accrington Stanley tonight:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... nt-striker
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Mancini sacked as Man City manager, Pellegrini the big favourite to take over.