Cymry Llundain

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Cymry Llundain

Post by slappy »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Obviously it’s going to cost more time, effort and cash to maintain the pitch for Rugby and Football but it would be interesting to know just how much. I’ve put this link up earlier in the thread (http://www.liberty-stadium.com/news_view.php?id=711 ) and given that the Liberty is owned by the local council a Freedom of Information request to Swansea Council may prove productive.

I agree that London Welsh coach Lyn Jones (he coached the Ospreys who share the Liberty Stadium with Swansea City and claims the playing surface will not be an issue) appears to be talking out of his arse if he thinks Oxford United have much say regarding the pitch, but I’m prepared to give him the benefit of doubt as clearly he's never dealt with Firoka at a ‘grass roots’ level :roll:
http://www.dessosports.com/sports/footb ... l-projects
Does this get relaid every year?
I think it unlikely Kassam would go for the initial and ongoing investment on this, possibly only if LW were long term tenants. The rent from LW is probably fairly low perhaps 150 or 200k?
Too late to do anything to the pitch for this season, and LW are presumably favourites for the drop back down to the Championship.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Obviously it’s going to cost more time, effort and cash to maintain the pitch for Rugby and Football but it would be interesting to know just how much. I’ve put this link up earlier in the thread (http://www.liberty-stadium.com/news_view.php?id=711 ) and given that the Liberty is owned by the local council a Freedom of Information request to Swansea Council may prove productive.

I agree that London Welsh coach Lyn Jones (he coached the Ospreys who share the Liberty Stadium with Swansea City and claims the playing surface will not be an issue) appears to be talking out of his arse if he thinks Oxford United have much say regarding the pitch, but I’m prepared to give him the benefit of doubt as clearly he's never dealt with Firoka at a ‘grass roots’ level :roll:
http://www.dessosports.com/sports/footb ... l-projects
Does this get relaid every year?
I think it unlikely Kassam would go for the initial and ongoing investment on this, possibly only if LW were long term tenants. The rent from LW is probably fairly low perhaps 150 or 200k?
Too late to do anything to the pitch for this season, and LW are presumably favourites for the drop back down to the Championship.
I believe it is. It's called &quotDesso GrassMaster hybrid&quot (also used by Arsenal). Here is a video of how it works - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VNiArKm ... r_embedded
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Pam na wnewch chi gyfrannu mewn ffordd gadarnhaol?

Apologies about my use of language.
Dougie07
Baby

Post by Dougie07 »

I'm not sure how frequently people check the home page, so here is a link to our interview with Tim from The Priory about the impact that London Welsh could have.

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage.ph ... ws_id=3146
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote: Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Grown up people can make a valid argument and get their emotions across without resorting to language like that.
There's no way that the emotions would have come across the same if TT hadn't swore. Also there's nothing to be gained from telling tales on each other swearing, if you don't feel it's right to swear then don't swear, and if you really do find it offensive then I'm sure you can ignore it. And please don't refer to it as the &quotC-bomb&quot.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

Myles Francis wrote:Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Grown up people can make a valid argument and get their emotions across without resorting to language like that.

There's no way that the emotions would have come across the same if TT hadn't swore. Also there's nothing to be gained from telling tales on each other swearing, if you don't feel it's right to swear then don't swear, and if you really do find it offensive then I'm sure you can ignore it. And please don't refer to it as the &quotC-bomb&quot.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I agree with Myles. People should not use bad language in public, especially when the club is trying to promote family entertainment. I wonder how much money you cost the club in lost gate receipts from people who don't want to be regaled with &quotLino, lino you're a C-bomb!&quot?

People who use bad language in public tell you two things:

1. They're offensive.
2. They've run out of reasoned argument.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

&quotGeoff&quot wrote:Myles Francis wrote:Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Grown up people can make a valid argument and get their emotions across without resorting to language like that.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I agree with Myles. People should not use bad language in public, especially when the club is trying to promote family entertainment. I wonder how much money you cost the club in lost gate receipts from people who don't want to be regaled with &quotLino, lino you're a C-bomb!&quot?

1. They're offensive.
I wouldn't really refer to an internet forum as being in public, I agree to an extent about people being abusive at matches but that's why football grounds have family areas. I think that sometimes it's the sign that someone's run out of argument, if they just say &quotfuck off&quot&quot or something similar, but if someone just uses it the middle of a sentence eg &quotwhy the fuck blah blah blah&quot then I don't think it's a sign of anything.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

&quotGeoff&quot wrote: I wonder how much money you cost the club in lost gate receipts from people who don't want to be regaled with &quotLino, lino you're a C-bomb!&quot?
Probably equally as much money as has been lost through the loss of good honest working class men and women who no longer attend football because it is being diluted and taken away from the masses in favour of the modern day penchant for accommodating 'families'.

I happen to absolutely agree with you re: the principles of this argument, but not for that reason - I think that argument cuts both ways.

Having said that, also love the Stephen Fry clip, the man is a scream!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

&quotjoepoolman&quot wrote:
&quotGeoff&quot wrote:Myles Francis wrote:Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Grown up people can make a valid argument and get their emotions across without resorting to language like that.

1. They're offensive.
I wouldn't really refer to an internet forum as being in public, I agree to an extent about people being abusive at matches but that's why football grounds have family areas. I think that sometimes it's the sign that someone's run out of argument, if they just say &quotfuck off&quot&quot or something similar, but if someone just uses it the middle of a sentence eg &quotwhy the fuck blah blah blah&quot then I don't think it's a sign of anything constructive to say.
I’ve amended your posting (in Italics). Hope you are happy with that.

Now that 'Murray Mania' is over and we're stuffing Australia in the cricket (and it would have been even worse for Them if our summer weather was half normal) then it still seems like a long time before the season properly starts. All I have to hold on to in terms of half decent sporting events before then is one ticket for the Olympics (even though I applied for loads).
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

http://www.london-welsh.co.uk/extras/Lo ... ership.pdf
Their season tickets and match day prices are out now.
South Stand Lower, and the four wing blocks of South Stand Upper. I wonder why they are keeping back the middle three blocks of SSU?
Season ticket prices from £225 to £345 (incl car parking) for an adult, match day prices £22 to £30 (for an adult)
Also, I wonder where the away fans will be.
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:http://www.london-welsh.co.uk/extras/Lo ... ership.pdf
South Stand Lower, and the four wing blocks of South Stand Upper. I wonder why they are keeping back the middle three blocks of SSU?
Season ticket prices from £225 to £345 (incl car parking) for an adult, match day prices £22 to £30 (for an adult)
The away fans can be wherever they like, there is no segregation.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:http://www.london-welsh.co.uk/extras/Lo ... ership.pdf
Including car parking?

What happened to the no sale of car parking spaces planning condition?

How long before joint football and rugby season tickets are marketed?
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Including car parking?

What happened to the no sale of car parking spaces planning condition?
Yes, that caught my eye as well. How long until we start getting charged for parking at OUFC games if this precedent has been set? Also, I don't really see why they WOULD charge for parking at the wugby games. It's not like demand for parking will outstrip supply, is it?
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Maybe they aren't really 'charging' for parking. It says its 'included' so perhaps the price would be the same without it?

We all know that rugby fans are posher than us so giving them one of those numbered parking space of their own to put the Jaguar in will make them feel all warm inside..........
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

&quottheox&quot wrote:Maybe they aren't really 'charging' for parking. It says its 'included' so perhaps the price would be the same without it?

We all know that rugby fans are posher than us so giving them one of those numbered parking space of their own to put the Jaguar in will make them feel all warm inside..........
There are hundreds of numbered spaces at the stadium, and apart from players, officials, match-day staff, reporters, the visiting club, directors' guests, who else gets these? Apart from the two free car parking spaces per executive box?