Slumdon is are shit

Anything yellow and blue
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Slumdon is are shit

Post by YF Dan »

A source said: “The men who broke in weren’t the brightest. They weren’t wearing masks, were captured on CCTV and even spelt STFC wrong.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: s*****n is are shit

Post by Radley Rambler »

[quote=&quotYF Dan&quot]A source said: “The men who broke in weren’t the brightest. They weren’t wearing masks, were captured on CCTV and even spelt STFC wrong.
Deadly
Embryo

Post by Deadly »

I understand the reason the culprit for that particular piece of grafitti didn't complete the job is because his butler let go of the ladder at the first sight of a blue flashing light... It was the 8.32 from Worcester Foregate Street...
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:Will you be going on Sunday or do you still view Man U as the biggest rivals to everyone and the Scum as just a minor annoyance?
Slumdon aren't part of the evil empire, hogging TV money and brainwashing people all over the world. Slumdon haven't racked up billions of pounds of debt, aren't owned by swindling yanks, aren't paying nasty young men millions of pounds in wages, and most importantly, aren't any threat at all to us. Very few kids from our local region will grow up as Slumdon fans as opposed to Oxford fans. Sadly, you can't say the same for Manchester United.

Slumdon's supporters, generally, are people from Slumdon supporting their local team. It's not their fault they happen to be from that god-awful place. I respect someone more who turns up to watch their local lower league team than someone who &quotsupports&quot the Mancs from their armchair.

So, yes, I do hate Manchester United more than I hate Slumdon.

And, no, I don't have a ticket for Sunday.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:
&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:Will you be going on Sunday or do you still view Man U as the biggest rivals to everyone and the Scum as just a minor annoyance?
s*****n aren't part of the evil empire, hogging TV money and brainwashing people all over the world. s*****n haven't racked up billions of pounds of debt, aren't owned by swindling yanks, aren't paying nasty young men millions of pounds in wages, and most importantly, aren't any threat at all to us. Very few kids from our local region will grow up as s*****n fans as opposed to Oxford fans. Sadly, you can't say the same for Manchester United.

s*****n's supporters, generally, are people from s*****n supporting their local team. It's not their fault they happen to be from that god-awful place. I respect someone more who turns up to watch their local lower league team than someone who &quotsupports&quot the Mancs from their armchair.

So, yes, I do hate Manchester United more than I hate s*****n.

And, no, I don't have a ticket for Sunday.
I thought it was just me that felt like that! Tremendous to find another hater of the evil empire.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

I think a lot of us think like this. My feelings about other teams are strongly influenced by whether the team has got where it is by means of hard work and skill (on and off the pitch), or by virtue of some dodgy deal. I am appalled that the likes of Peter Ridsdale continue to be allowed to prejudice the long-term future of football clubs. I see in the football authorities and their failure to apply any effective 'fit and proper person' test a version of the NewsCorp scandal - we all know it's wrong. but we're all having a good time and all making money out of it.

I also think that it will be very sad if Man City emerge as the new big club. If they do so, it will reinforce the idea that it is only the purchasing power of the owners which can effect significant improvement at the top of the tree.

Oh, and can anyone remember the last premiership footballer who said that he wanted to play in the Champions League, and intended to do so by staying at his current club and improving it? Thought so!

Rant over.
pottersrightboot
Brat

Post by pottersrightboot »

Of course Slumdon are our hated rivals. Man Utd are on a different planet.

Did Man Utd fans crack open the bubbly to clebrate our demise ...and film themselves doing so in early May 2006?

And now some of the Wiltshire toe rags have vandalised our pitch.

ooh let's be reasonable they're just like us......
:roll:
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Can't they both be disliked for different reasons?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Can't they both be disliked for different reasons?
Exactly. I hate both of them.

I love the 'Sw1ndon is are shit' graffiti, as both are true! And it's been there so long now it's like an institution.

My all time favourite piece of graffiti is one I saw in Bristol 15 years ago - 'I've got bum gravy'. Beautifully random.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:My all time favourite piece of graffiti is one I saw in Bristol 15 years ago - 'I've got bum gravy'. Beautifully random.
:D

I was impressed by the factual accuracy of a grafitto I saw in a train toilet recently, which proudly proclaimed: &quotAll gays are gay&quot. Er, yes. Yes they are.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Didn't say I wished them well. I'd certainly be delighted if they got relegated, if Di Canio poked their star striker in the eye while doing a facist salute, and of course I hope we win 18-0 on Sunday and our fans dance their way home around the magic roundabouts.

But hate? Nah. Hate legitimises moronic behaviour in the eyes of many of our and their less intelligent fans. Hate means there will be loads of police everywhere means the fans will be hoarded to and from the station like animals hate means some 'hard boys' will no doubt kick off somewhere to 'protect our name' and hate means that even generally mildmannered folk suddenly think they're entitled to start giving it the big'n. None of which add anything to the 'matchday experience'.

Rivalry is a good thing, and I'm sure if they get relegated our fans would post amusing responses on Youtube, print funny T-shirts etc. That's funny.

Even the small-scale vandalism of our pitch I can get: I'm sure most of our anger is because they got the idea first. If it had been our fans scrawling 'Slumdon is are shit' on their pitch, there'd be a few glasses raised in the culprits' honour. There's a challenge for someone.

Rivalry is healthy. A bit of fun to liven up what is potentially going to be a mediocre season (judging by the first few matches). But do we need to whip ourselves into a fury ahead of the game? Don't bother.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

After years of driving up and down the M40 for work, I now generally only use it travelling home games.
Each morning just before the M25 junction, there was the huge painted message, one letter per fence panel the whole of the way along a field. &quotWhy do I do this every day?&quot
After a few attacks, it was repainted &quotWhy do I still do this everyday?&quot
which seemed a pretty good question at the time.

Now it has been grafittied over again, not sure what is there right now.
pottersrightboot
Brat

Re:

Post by pottersrightboot »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Didn't say I wished them well. I'd certainly be delighted if they got relegated, if Di Canio poked their star striker in the eye while doing a facist salute, and of course I hope we win 18-0 on Sunday and our fans dance their way home around the magic roundabouts.

But hate? Nah. Hate legitimises moronic behaviour in the eyes of many of our and their less intelligent fans. Hate means there will be loads of police everywhere means the fans will be hoarded to and from the station like animals hate means some 'hard boys' will no doubt kick off somewhere to 'protect our name' and hate means that even generally mildmannered folk suddenly think they're entitled to start giving it the big'n. None of which add anything to the 'matchday experience'.

Rivalry is a good thing, and I'm sure if they get relegated our fans would post amusing responses on Youtube, print funny T-shirts etc. That's funny.

Even the small-scale vandalism of our pitch I can get: I'm sure most of our anger is because they got the idea first. If it had been our fans scrawling 's*****n is are shit' on their pitch, there'd be a few glasses raised in the culprits' honour. There's a challenge for someone.

Rivalry is healthy. A bit of fun to liven up what is potentially going to be a mediocre season (judging by the first few matches). But do we need to whip ourselves into a fury ahead of the game? Don't bother.
Getting some mixed messages YF Dan.
You said you 'hated' Man Utd above. Forget them they exist on a different planet.
How anyone can 'get' vandalism is beyond me.
Joey's Toe
Puberty

Re:

Post by Joey's Toe »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:Hate legitimises moronic behaviour in the eyes of many of our and their less intelligent fans. Hate means there will be loads of police everywhere means the fans will be hoarded to and from the station like animals hate means some 'hard boys' will no doubt kick off somewhere to 'protect our name' and hate means that even generally mildmannered folk suddenly think they're entitled to start giving it the big'n. None of which add anything to the 'matchday experience'.

...Rivalry is healthy. A bit of fun to liven up what is potentially going to be a mediocre season (judging by the first few matches). But do we need to whip ourselves into a fury ahead of the game? Don't bother.
Quite. For me the difference is simple - I don't wish that Sw*ndon Town FC didn't exist. If there was no Sw*ndon, we'd have to find another local rival to fill the gap. But I can't honestly think of any disadvantages to OUFC if Man Utd and their ilk didn't exist.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

My favourite grafitti is to be found in a pedestrian subway in Luton:

&quotTony Blair bum bed Bill Clinton&quot

To this day, I am unsure as to what a 'bum bed' might be..........