A question re' Wimbledon

Anything yellow and blue
Bunk
Sperm

A question re' Wimbledon

Post by Bunk »

I’m neither a supporter of The MK Dons, nor indeed your club. I do however work for a certain housing association which holds large housing stock within the Blackbird Leys estate, and therefore have many friends who do support Oxford.

What has intrigued me is your club’s frankly bizarre notion that they should have to ask AFC Wimbledon’s permission before engaging MK Dons in a pre-season friendly.

Could any of you posters enlighten me on why your club, at an official level, thought this was necessary? And is it the sort of thing you’ve done before?
Tabbernackle
Brat

Post by Tabbernackle »

eh!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re: A question re' Wimbledon

Post by Baboo »

&quotBunk&quot wrote:I’m neither a supporter of The MK Dons, nor indeed your club. I do however work for a certain housing association which holds large housing stock within the Blackbird Leys estate, and therefore have many friends who do support Oxford.

What has intrigued me is your club’s frankly bizarre notion that they should have to ask AFC Wimbledon’s permission before engaging MK Dons in a pre-season friendly.

Could any of you posters enlighten me on why your club, at an official level, thought this was necessary? And is it the sort of thing you’ve done before?
Best you ring the club and ask them yourself. I'm at a loss.
Peacedon
Embryo

Post by Peacedon »

Hi - MK Dons supporter here. I think your club were just being respectuful to AFC Wimbledon before arranging the friendly. Not everyone likes us you know!!!

However I'm not aware AFC's approval has sought by other clubs prior to friendlies being arranged so hope this is a one off

Anyway I look forward to visiting your ground and wish you all the best for the coming season