OxVox quiz night

Anything yellow and blue
Mark Sennett
Brat

OxVox quiz night

Post by Mark Sennett »

OxVox would like to invite all Oxford United fans to take part in our first ever quiz night, which will take place at the Priory on Monday 6 June.

The quiz is open to all Oxford fans and you don’t have to be an OxVox member to take part. Entry is £1 per person and there is a maximum of five people per team. All the entry money will be used to pay for the winners’ prize.

The quiz will start at 19:30 and will finish no later than 21:30 and children are welcome. The Priory has kindly offered to provide free sandwiches during the interval.

Hopefully as many fans will come along and join us as possible to have a bit of fun and to get to know the OxVox committee members. We look forward to seeing you there.
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Will there be a quiz question along the lines of ÔÇÿwhy did Trevor and other long-standing members of the OV committee leave recentlyÔÇÖ?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Will there be a quiz question along the lines of ‘why did Trevor and other long-standing members of the OV committee leave recently’?
A - so that there will be no-one to tell Mark that this will be at least the 3rd, if not 4th, OV quiz night rather than the first (which I set many moons ago (whichever season that Andy Scott &amp Matt Robinson were here)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

Quite.

The last OxVox quiz night I went to was won by a team from the Oxford Mail, narrowly defeating my team (called the ‘Gang of Four’, even though there were five of us). I remember it well as it was the night Blair took the UK into Iraq and I was nearly late on account of attending a demo in Carfax. Oxford City Councillors also fielded a team that night.

Anyway, given most people know the answer to why the committee suddenly changed it’s probably best not to ask the question in public.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Go on then.....

I'm getting more and more intrigued with this obsession Snake.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:given most people know the answer to why the committee suddenly changed
That puts me in the minority then.

Actually, do I even care?
Mark Sennett
Brat

Post by Mark Sennett »

I wasn't aware there had been previous quiz nights but I stand corrected. But it is the first quiz night of this committee!

Snake you are welcome to come as a gang of four this time as well.
Please sponsor the OxVox Walk to Wycombe to raise funds for Helen &amp Douglas House and the Oxford United Youth &amp Community Trust. You can donate online at www.justgiving.com/oxvox
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Who have you got setting the quiz - I found it a lot of fun, but I dont know whether those who turned up shared my somewhat warped questioning style.....?

PS - this isnt an offer BTW, I no longer have the time that I had then
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:given most people know the answer to why the committee suddenly changed
That puts me in the minority then.

Actually, do I even care?
A growing minority as I know nothing as well!
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

I would also like to know Snake
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Re:

Post by Brahma Bull »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:Who have you got setting the quiz - I found it a lot of fun, but I dont know whether those who turned up shared my somewhat warped questioning style.....?

PS - this isnt an offer BTW, I no longer have the time that I had then
Hi Mooro

Pleased to inform you that this Quiz is being organised and prepared by our new Committee Member, Mr John Gould. Having heard the depth and passion he has for doing these type of events, he seems to have a very good quiz organised.

We have some prizes but unfortunately it isn't a Henry Owen signed shirt. :lol:

We would be really delighted if RageOnline entered several teams and we hope to have these social events on a regular basis moving forwards.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Just expanding on the 'we want to do these social events more often' line, the aim is to get Oxford United fans, not just OxVox members, to these events so we can all have a drink, something to eat and have a good chit-chat.

I look forward to meeting some of you, Snakey Boy included.
Maurice Earp
Baby

Re:

Post by Maurice Earp »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Quite.

The last OxVox quiz night I went to was won by a team from the Oxford Mail, narrowly defeating my team (called the ‘Gang of Four’, even though there were five of us). I remember it well as it was the night Blair took the UK into Iraq and I was nearly late on account of attending a demo in Carfax. Oxford City Councillors also fielded a team that night.

Anyway, given most people know the answer to why the committee suddenly changed it’s probably best not to ask the question in public.
I would also like to know Snake.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Let me correct myself here, as most (if not all) people on the OV committee both present and recently past know why.

Over to you, Mark.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Oh, another committee secret!