Anything yellow and blue
Fantastic Mr Ox
Brat

FMO's Blog updated...

Post by Fantastic Mr Ox »

Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Entertainment of the top level - your blog that is, not the antics of some of the Shrewsbury fans.
Reading other forums suggests that Steroid Man hit one of the Shrews supporters that ran on the pitch and had a go at the Oxford fans, and that he was eventually taken away from a pub after the game by the police.
Nothing like nipping trouble in the bud.

From your blog I assume you didn't go to Aldershot away in the Conference.
Fantastic Mr Ox
Brat

Re:

Post by Fantastic Mr Ox »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Entertainment of the top level - your blog that is, not the antics of some of the Shrewsbury fans.
Reading other forums suggests that Steroid Man hit one of the Shrews supporters that ran on the pitch and had a go at the Oxford fans, and that he was eventually taken away from a pub after the game by the police.
Nothing like nipping trouble in the bud.

From your blog I assume you didn't go to Aldershot away in the Conference.
Oh yes I did. Difference with Aldershot though was that I drove and parked near the away turnstiles. Never saw any of the trouble. There are far more 'tasty' places to visit than Shrewsbury, I know that, but not many that require you to walk/bus 3 miles back into town afterwards to your car!

By the way - Steroid Man did not get taken away by the police - We were stood by a bus-stop right next to the pub on the roundabout where it all kicked off - the police went rushing in there, and all the Shrews causing trouble came slinking out with their hoods off and just wandered off home. Steroid Man was one of them, as he walked straight past us. He was never taken anywhere by the police I don't think.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

There's quite a few clips on you tube of the activity in the ground. Wasn't Steroid Man that threw a punch at one of the other Shrews fans (I use the word loosely) - it was another guy in red / pink top who looked about 60. What a crazy place. I used to like the centre of Shrewsbury and the pubs there. Not sure if I still would. The Prince of Wales which is within walking distance (mile and a half ish) of the ground has a bowling green at the back and this is surrounded by some of the old seats from Gay Meadow. Very good beer.