Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

More US trip details 16th July

Post by Swissbloke »

Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

I wonder what the team will get out of playing US 37th division teams. Ugh.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotZeke&quot wrote:I wonder what the team will get out of playing US 37th division teams. Ugh.
10 goals a game??!!
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

My thought's exacly Zeke,

However I guess this is more of a team spirt trip rather than one for testing the players.

It's less appealing for fans though, I would like to have seen the team playing somewhere other than a High School complex.
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

Some high school fields are not to be sneezed at, I suspect some of them are a lot better than some of the professional facilities in England's lower divisions.

That said, I suspect the standard of competition that Oxford will face to be somewhere below Abingdon and probably on par with a Milton United at best. That is guesswork on my part but &quotglorified Sunday League&quot is what springs to mind.

Would be a nice vacation for anyone visiting the area at that time of year though. The footy will be shit but the scenery will be very nice.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I’m sure Roley will be there...

I was chatting to someone from Oxford City recently and it appears that our usual pre-season warm-up game has still to be arranged at CPF. Speaking of which, why can't we do more of this? - http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/899557 ... velopment/