Guess who is scoring goals !!

Anything yellow and blue
Oufc2009
Brat

Guess who is scoring goals !!

Post by Oufc2009 »

No surprise that midson has been playing very well for southend. He scored twice in the game today and noticed a lot of positive things coming from match reports, you wonder whether wilder has took notice and due to oxford finally playing a 442 that there is and should be a spot for him in the team. Wonder if everyone else feels the same as I do
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Better player than Green and Craddock IMHO.

He would be good to have back on the bench as back up to Maclean and Beano (if both are staying) but good luck to him if he is getting first team starts in his favoured position.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Better player than Green and Craddock IMHO.

He would be good to have back on the bench as back up to Maclean and Beano (if both are staying) but good luck to him if he is getting first team starts in his favoured position.
I would go:
1. Craddock
2. Midson
3. Green
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

If he is so good, why was he on the bench on saturday?

Just saying, like.
deanwindass
Puberty

Re:

Post by deanwindass »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Better player than Green and Craddock IMHO.

Please. Craddock is a much better player that Midson. He may not bound around like a labrador puppy as much but his link up play and finishing (just look at their respective goal-scoring records) is significantly superior.
Long John Silver
Brat

Re: Guess who is scoring goals !!

Post by Long John Silver »

&quotOufc2009&quot wrote:No surprise that midson has been playing very well for southend. He scored twice in the game today and noticed a lot of positive things coming from match reports
About time he scored for them as he has played in five matches prior to that one without scoring.

As for playing well, the general consensus on the Southend forums seem to be that he is useless and they want rid of him.
deanwindass
Puberty

Re: Guess who is scoring goals !!

Post by deanwindass »

&quotOufc2009&quot wrote:No surprise that midson has been playing very well for southend. He scored twice in the game today and noticed a lot of positive things coming from match reports, you wonder whether wilder has took notice and due to oxford finally playing a 442 that there is and should be a spot for him in the team. Wonder if everyone else feels the same as I do
Southend fans seem to think that, last night aside, he's complete shit, as evidenced by two of the first posts that come up when you search for him on their forum:

'Midson - possibly the worst player I have ever seen for us'

'Midson 3/10 - How on earth is he keeping Corr out. Its a disgrace. Huge cheers when he was subbed&quot'
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

Plus Sturrock in his post-match interview: 'I said to Jack before the game that, other than his first game, I've been a bit disappointed with him since he's come to the club.'
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

In reality as other have pointed out it is not a huge surprise that he has been average for Southend.

I hope that he does well for Southend, but think that he is a decent Conference player and maybe a lower League 2 player. Not sure that this is what we are looking for (which doesn't mean that Craddock is right either).