Romans go home

Anything yellow and blue
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

He's only on loan, I guess we could still get him back. Wotton's loan runs out when his does.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

I would imagine that in the case of Bulman, Creighton, Wotton and Futcher the longer term deals have all been concluded. They are merely labelled as &quotloans&quot until January due to the transfer window / regs. Wilder has indicated such.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:
&quotneilw&quot wrote:There's a strong case for arguing that Bulman and Creighton aren't up to League 2 standard. However, there's and even stronger case to suggest that a team needs characters whom lead through example and inspire those around them. I believe both Bully and the Beast did this.

For many years, we've longed for the fight, tenacity and stature of Bulman and Creighton type characters. When we finally found them, we let them go too easily. Their weaknesses could be identified, whilst their intangible value to the team was not sufficiently valued.

In letting Bully go, the team lost its heart beat. This is so very evident in our current play.

Wilder is in self destruct mode at the moment, undoing every thing he himself created. He created the goodwill and togetherness but now seems set on causing friction and factions.
Quite - does every played need to be of Division 4 standard for the team to do well in this Division? I think not.
Err... but if they do well in league two, are they not then, by their very nature, League 2 Standard?
My point sought to draw a distinction between individuals and the collective. Regardless of whether or not individuals, looked at in isolation, are or are not notionally of Division 4 standard, what matters is how well the team does in Division 4. Some earlier postings suggested that some thought the likes of Bulman and Beast were not of such a standard, others thought they were and pointed also to their wider role in the team. I was simply trying to make the point that, even if players are &quotnot of Division 4 standard&quot, the wider positive externalities they create from being in the team makes the team perform better.

Thus, in direct response to your point, of course doing well in Division 4 indicates being of Divsiion 4 standard. My point is that even if not notionally of Diviasion 4 standard, certain individuals can still help a team perform at that level.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

And, of course, the opposite also applies: a player may be notionally of Division 4 standard (or even better) but, for whatever reason, his presence in the side may mean that the collective plays less well. The dynamics of human social interaction means that football management can never be an exact science.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Indeed Boris. What worries me most currently is that CW seems to be repeating mistakes he made last year in this regard - that is what worries me so much about our current predicament and his attempts so far to sort it out.