Rooney

Anything yellow and blue
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotSnake&quot wrote: Speaking of which, is your bro really running City reserves/Nomands, and what are Fordy’s chances of turning things around at Court Place Farm as the club's funding would be badly hit if they don't get their act together?
Yeah he is managing the Nomads with Andy Sinnott his old Thame Utd manager. Justin is playing a bit as well, injuries permitting, and enjoying it (well, apart from losing to Thame of course, I expect he took a fair bit of stick for that!)

I don't know much about the first team though, I haven't really followed them since Justin gave up as manager last year.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

I think it's quite hillarious personally.
womble
Brat

Post by womble »

been hearing rumours that fordy has been trying to ditch the ancillary teams to save money for the first team .i personally think this is unlikely as city get to much cash this way from grants
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:You don't have to click a thread titled &quotRooney&quot you know. Just sayin'
Fair point. I retract my previous outburst (but not the sentiments contained therein, obviously).
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote: Speaking of which, is your bro really running City reserves/Nomands, and what are Fordy’s chances of turning things around at Court Place Farm as the club's funding would be badly hit if they don't get their act together?
Yeah he is managing the Nomads with Andy Sinnott his old Thame Utd manager. Justin is playing a bit as well, injuries permitting, and enjoying it (well, apart from losing to Thame of course, I expect he took a fair bit of stick for that!)

I don't know much about the first team though, I haven't really followed them since Justin gave up as manager last year.
Thanks for that Mr. M, though you avoided my question about Fordy..

Anyway, and back to the title of this thread - I wonder how much just one week of Wayne's wages would help the best community run club in Oxford?
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

I reckon Holloway got it about right in his rant.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Re:

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:I love all the numpty sports journos linking him with City, and bleating about loyalty and greed.

It's fairly obvious to me that Colleen has told him that for the sake of their marriage she wants out of this country and its tabloids. Given her career is nominally in fashion, I'd take a punt on one of the Milans.

Probably for a pay cut. Money can't buy you love.
Judging by his recent behaviour I very much doubt he cares one iota about what Coleen wants (if she's doormat/money grabbing enough to stay with him then that's her lookout). It's all about the money, nothing else.

Couldn't care less about the Rooneys to be honest.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 118602.stm

And as if by magic...

Wonder how much they bribed him to stay?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

I don't know what's more distasteful - Rooney throwing his toys out of the pram to negotiate more than his current £100,000 a week or Mark Creighton effectively pleading for somebody to give him a free boiler via his Oxford Mail column today.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Post by Yankee Clipper »

Three degrees of separation:

Creighton------Old Boiler---------Rooney