Anything yellow and blue
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

See you there OUFC4EVA 8)
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

I'll be there along with Trevor and Neil...............not fussed about the beer - as long as the coffee is ok.
To err is human - to forgive is divine
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Visit the Moss Rose in style!

Post by Snake »

&quotmtfc&quot wrote:Oxford United visit the Moss Rose on Saturday 16th October and the Silkmen have opened their matchday hospitality facility to fans of both sets of supporters.

With great views of the pitch and surrounding hills the Silkmen’s Match Day Hospitality package is proving ever popular with both home and away fans alike as supporters mingle in the friendly atmosphere.

And with prices once again frozen at just £39.50 inclusive of VAT it is great value for money!

What’s included?

Included in the package is all of the following:

- Pre-match 3 course meal
- VIP seats in the McAlpine stand
- Complimentary match day programme
- Half time refreshments
- Pay bar facility throughout the day

So why not treat you and your friends and family and enjoy our exciting footballing experience in both the comfortable and relaxing surroundings of the McIlroy Suite.

For more information or to reserve your place please give Vicky a call on 01625 264686.
I'll bet the Oxford fans enjoyed the half time refreshments.

Did you provide buckets after the game to sick up the pre-match meal?
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

The hospitality and food was great.......in a convivial atmosphere overlooking the pitch. So many smiling faces and nothing was too much trouble. Light years away from the Kassam - but there again KT has his hands tied with Stadco in this respect.

The match..........jesus christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so take your point snake.
To err is human - to forgive is divine
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

I was regularly being sick after games ten years ago !

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2000-10-17
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Another easy day out. After preparing lunch (Ciabatta with coppa, smoked mozarella and cherry tomatoes), I left home at 9 am, arrived at Euston at 10 with an hour to wait so sat outside to eat my food. Strangely there were lots of police and transport police observing protestors with pea-cane flags and hard-hats outside, and eventually I worked out it was an anti-Oil company protest.

The 11 am train raced to Macclesfield, stopping once at Stoke, arriving just before 1pm.

After a stopoff in the Railway View (helpfully signed all the way from the station), I got to the ground about an hour before kick-off. A nice imitation cloisonne badge in the club shop for only £1, but the programme was a bit lightweight for £2.50 compared to ours, but better than many.

I exited back down the stairs to hunt out &quotKeith's bar&quot, which was hidden behind a metal exit barrier door, and was actually in the same level of the stand as the club shop was which I'd left several minutes and flights of stairs earlier, and would have been just a quick walk past Bobs and co enjoying their meals. A very long wait for a pint of smoothflow Worthingtons was a bit disappointing.

At least it was only £14 to stand on the terrace, and it was a good steep one so no real problems viewing the action. It kept threatening to rain, but never did with any force, and a nice view to the hills beyond.

There was of course the usual wierd steward, this time a Peter Stringfellow look-alike with a long blonde pony tail, but very graying roots was there to entertain us.

As for the game, we could and should have scored 4 by half time. I know that Batt and Creighton and Wright are all out injured, but we should have been able to do better and win the game well.

Unfortunately I'd booked the 7pm train home as I'd never been to Macclesfield before, and didn't want to risk the run for the 6pm. We got to the station at around 5:30, so waited with Holt's in the pub opposite.

The journey back to Surrey was predictably full of Manchester United fans on their way home on the Euston train and then the Guildford train. At least Fergie had thrown away a lead to draw, S***don lost, and even Hereford came back from 3 down to win.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

I also took the opportunity to dine the Macc Town way. My opinion can be found on that dreaded OxVox site.......interesting reading if you dare click and compliments should go to Sally Brealey and her team!

http://forum.oxvox.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=615
mtfc
Embryo

Post by mtfc »

Hi guys,

Lovely meeting some of you on Saturday, glad you enjoyed the hospitality is not the result.

Good Luck for the rest of the season (except when we come to your place 8) )

Sally
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Enjoyed my pie chips and gravy in Keith's bar.

Main feedback.

What a friendly bunch the Macc lads are. Really decent home fans. Good luck to them.