Oxford mention on Guardian Football Podcast

Anything yellow and blue
Matthewjbutler
Brat

Oxford mention on Guardian Football Podcast

Post by Matthewjbutler »

Quite a brief mention, but there was some Oxford related chat on Monday's Football Weekly Podcast from the Guardian (presented by Gooooooal Lazio's James Richardson).

They had a section on Argentine football which led to an anecdote or two involving Ramon Diaz and a particular game with Cambridge. Even as a fan it still feels like a surreal freak event being discussed.

Worth a listen if you have a minute spare, and the podcast itself is typically great anywho...
Peterorange
Puberty

Post by Peterorange »

Bought the Times on Monday and their match report described how Matt Green scored the winner for us. Even had it in the match stats...weird.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Didn't the caption at the end of the goals clip on the Football League Show also have Green as scorer?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Almost all of the media take the Press Association livetext and stats.

http&#58//news&#46bbc&#46co&#46uk/sport ... 879&#46stm

Read through it to see how many times Constable was offside - one of the points mentioned on the post match reviews on here.
dr ceri
Brat

Post by dr ceri »

'presented by Gooooooal Lazio's James Richardson'

I think you mean golaccio.... (italian for 'wonder goal' or even something like 'goal-tastic').

Pedantry ends.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotdr ceri&quot wrote:'presented by Gooooooal Lazio's James Richardson'

I think you mean golaccio.... (italian for 'wonder goal' or even something like 'goal-tastic').

Pedantry ends.
Ha ha that's cool. I always thought it was Goal Lazio!!! You learn something new every day
Matthewjbutler
Brat

Post by Matthewjbutler »

Cheerfully withdrawn!

I must have assumed it was 'Goal Lazio' as I remember watching around the time Gazza was over there and thought that was the link. That and the fact that I don't speak a word of Italian of course!