Grounds to look forward to next season (or not)

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:[I am told there is nice hostelry called the White Horse serves a pint of Fosters with a few extras....
But not the sort of nice where you would take your daughter or wife for example.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I think he's being sarcy Baboo. And he knows I haven't drunk Fosters for, um, months!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:I think he's being sarcy Baboo. And he knows I haven't drunk Fosters for, um, months!
Good man for not drinking Fosters. But it was the extras to which I was making reference.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Extras: Stella and Kron 1664 of course. What else could I have meant?

Hog's gone all premium now.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotDLT&quot wrote:
Bloody hell, the cricket season doesn't end until September 4th.

I bet.... no.... I bloody well bet... we get Accrington away on 21st August.
I bloody well hope not, one of my sisters is getting married that day, and Stanley is a must do ground.
Cricket? Can't they just end the season early? No one will notice.

And GY, you should have learned to prioritise by now.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotBoogie&quot wrote:[I am told there is nice hostelry called the White Horse serves a pint of Fosters with a few extras....
But not the sort of nice where you would take your daughter or wife for example.
Indeed. My girlfriend at the time and I pitched up there before a Wycombe v Oxford game (not knowing what 'entertainment' was on offer) and she said, 'why am I the only female in here'? The entrance of Sabrina on stage quickly answered that. Still she let me stay and enjoy the experience - I married her!
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:
she said, 'why am I the only female in here'? The entrance of Sabrina on stage quickly answered that.
So Sabrina was a bloke? Explains a lot!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote:[ The entrance of Sabrina on stage quickly answered that. Still she let me stay and enjoy the experience - I married her!
You married Sabrina?
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote: The entrance of Sabrina on stage quickly answered that. Still she let me stay and enjoy the experience - I married her!
You married Sabrina?
He married a bloke?
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I reckon there's probably a decent curry house or two in Bradford too.
mmm.... family-size naan...

:P
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Apparently we will be making a visit to the Greenhous Meadow next season.

Any guesses where that is (without cheating?)
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Apparently we will be making a visit to the Greenhous Meadow next season.

Going on Meadow, there are only 2 I can think of, Meadow Lane (but Notts County have gone up), and Shrewsbury (but Gay Meadow is no more). I suppose I will have to presume it is the new Shrewsbury ground then, but I thought that had the inspiring name of 'The New Meadow'...
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:Apparently we will be making a visit to the Greenhous Meadow next season.

Going on Meadow, there are only 2 I can think of, Meadow Lane (but Notts County have gone up), and Shrewsbury (but Gay Meadow is no more). I suppose I will have to presume it is the new Shrewsbury ground then, but I thought that had the inspiring name of 'The New Meadow'...
The new Saltergate?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Shrewsbury it is - I didn't realise it had been called the Prostar Stadium previously. I suppose we'll all get used to these silly corporate names eventually, but for now it still makes me cross!

And why can't they spell Greenhouse?

(PS, I didn't cheat, I stumbled across the news item while reading GiveMeFootball's take on our signing of Purkiss - as I assume you did too!)
Ninja
Baby

Post by Ninja »

The new Saltergate is called &quotb2net stadium&quot - nice!