Please can you help?

Anything yellow and blue
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotLong John Silver&quot wrote:Could I possibly put my name down for a copy too. Of course will pay any costs.
wot he said. muchas gracias amarillos. :D
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Could I put my name down to the ever growing list, I know I dont know hardly anyone who posts on here but I do know Boris (slightly) so if a copy could be passed onto him to pass to me I would be very grateful.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Also do any techies know how to download the radio oxford commentary to an mp3?
http&#58//www&#46bbc&#46co&#46uk/iplaye ... 6_05_2010/

available until 9pm Sunday 23rd May
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Also do any techies know how to download the radio oxford commentary to an mp3?

As per my post that started this thread, I'd be really grateful if someone could put it on a CD for me please as I haven't a clue!
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:Also do any techies know how to download the radio oxford commentary to an mp3?

I've already done the 10 minute bit around the 4 hour mark where they play the highlights mixed with Florence and the Machine. This is currently on repeat on my ipod!!!

I am able to do the whole lot but am a bit fearful that it might kill my computer as downloading large files through the editing software I use does have a tendency to cause serious crashing! I will look into it tonight.

Also, I have a contact with Jerome so will see if they have a recording they could burn for me.

Will let you know.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Thanks Theox, that would be great.
chuckbert
Toddler

Re:

Post by chuckbert »

Oh, dear, I would so like a copy.
(I have still yet to see Wilder's arse-sliding celebration - I was stuck after midnight trying to watch stuttering illegal streams of Sky which was running a full 45 seconds behind RadOx, and my dad phoning from home about 15 seconds before any interesting event in the game). I would love to be able to just sit and watch the whole thing without interruption.
I am willing to pay costs, make a donation and also pledge to buy the official copy when (if?) it ever happens.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Thanks Theox, that would be great.
I've managed to get it into two mp3 files (or even .wav if you prefer!!). One is 3 hours 22 mins and the other 1 hour 35 mins.

Obviously, these are too big to go on any audio CD but I should have no problem burning them onto a CD as data files. This means you will be able to listen to it on your computer (unless you have a super-snazzy CD player that plays mp3 CD). I could even divide it up into 5 files of one hour so, when you get it onto your computer, you could burn it yourself to five audio CDs.

Let me know!
bspittles
Brat

Re:

Post by bspittles »

&quottheox&quot wrote:Obviously, these are too big to go on any audio CD but I should have no problem burning them onto a CD as data files.
As they are speech (and shouting, screaming and crying -) ) rather than music, you should be able to drop to bitrate quite significantly without affecting the quality. That might make it okay for a single CD...
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

The only problem with doing that is that it then won't play on 99% of CD players as it will be in the wrong format.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quottheox&quot wrote:
I've managed to get it into two mp3 files (or even .wav if you prefer!!). One is 3 hours 22 mins and the other 1 hour 35 mins.

Obviously, these are too big to go on any audio CD but I should have no problem burning them onto a CD as data files. This means you will be able to listen to it on your computer (unless you have a super-snazzy CD player that plays mp3 CD). I could even divide it up into 5 files of one hour so, when you get it onto your computer, you could burn it yourself to five audio CDs.

Let me know!
Excellent work! I have no idea what you're talking about but the CD data files seem the easiest to me (but not for me to do!!!). Is there any way you can burn the five audio CDs please? Obviously I'll send the discs to you or pay for any you use and buy a couple of pints too!! Sorry to be such a lemon!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

An official highlights mp3 is now available to download
here
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:

Let me know!
Excellent work! I have no idea what you're talking about but the CD data files seem the easiest to me (but not for me to do!!!). Is there any way you can burn the five audio CDs please? Obviously I'll send the discs to you or pay for any you use and buy a couple of pints too!! Sorry to be such a lemon!
No problem Hog.

Will burn the discs later in the week then PM you!
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Right then.

I recorded onto Sky || :

- BBC Oxford 6.30pm news (4 May) showing the Rushden goals
- the entire broadcast on Sunday
- BBC Oxford 6.30pm news from last night, showing loads of stuff from Wembley.

Today, while I was out, I copied all 3 programmes onto a 4 hour DVD, finalised it so that it will work on any DVD player, and tested it.

It works.

What I'm not sure about is how to copy from my DVD onto another one, but I expect A-Ro does because he's quite clever.

So - here's the deal : if I give my DVD to A-Ro when I see him on Thursday, would he copy it for those of you that want it ?
Don't expect anything in a hurry, after our expedition on Thursday I'm off to my pied-à-terre for a few days.
Now back in the real world I find I'm obviously not quite as clever as was thought as I cannot get the DVD to copy using any of the hardware or applications at my disposal.

I do, however, have an alternative as I've just purchased a DVD recorder of my own at last and I have kept a copy of the full programme on Sky|| so I'll give that a go over the next couple of days and see how it goes.

Don't worry I won't include the cost of the recorder in my expenses. :shock:
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:Right then.

I recorded onto Sky || :

- BBC Oxford 6.30pm news (4 May) showing the Rushden goals
- the entire broadcast on Sunday
- BBC Oxford 6.30pm news from last night, showing loads of stuff from Wembley.

Today, while I was out, I copied all 3 programmes onto a 4 hour DVD, finalised it so that it will work on any DVD player, and tested it.

It works.

What I'm not sure about is how to copy from my DVD onto another one, but I expect A-Ro does because he's quite clever.

So - here's the deal : if I give my DVD to A-Ro when I see him on Thursday, would he copy it for those of you that want it ?
Don't expect anything in a hurry, after our expedition on Thursday I'm off to my pied-à-terre for a few days.
Now back in the real world I find I'm obviously not quite as clever as was thought as I cannot get the DVD to copy using any of the hardware or applications at my disposal.

I do, however, have an alternative as I've just purchased a DVD recorder of my own at last and I have kept a copy of the full programme on Sky|| so I'll give that a go over the next couple of days and see how it goes.

Don't worry I won't include the cost of the recorder in my expenses. :shock:
Can I put my name down for one please - I had also Sky|| it in HD but it took up so much room the stupid stupid machine deleted it last night as it decided to record 4 Lost episodes. Gutted.