Tickets

Anything yellow and blue
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Tickets

Post by theox »

I have no problem with the club raising ticket prices but it also seems that they have hiked the booking fees for those without season tickets.

£1 per ticket booked online
75p per ticket booked on phone
plus 50p postage per booking

I bloody hate booking fees which add on per ticket. If I make one booking, it should be one fee like it was last year. Other than the postage, there is now no benefit to booking several tickets for several matches all at once.
Beach Road End
Brat

Post by Beach Road End »

I agree. Put the price up if you have to, but leave out the crappy extra fees.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Agreed. And it sems ridiculous that the booking fee for booking online is MORE than for booking by phone - surely online booking should be encouraged to keep overheads down?

Also, £5 booking fee per season ticket is just a way of pretending season tickets are £5 cheaper than they actually are!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Agreed. And it sems ridiculous that the booking fee for booking online is MORE than for booking by phone - surely online booking should be encouraged to keep overheads down?

Also, £5 booking fee per season ticket is just a way of pretending season tickets are £5 cheaper than they actually are!
No booking fee or postal fee if you book in person at the ticket office (although not much consolation to us exiles).

The new on-line system worked well when I booked my home Rushden play-off ticket. The ticket comes folded in 2 halves with ticket as one part, and address on the other, for easy posting in a windowed envelope. Seems more straightforward than the ticket office printing an address label and debit card receipt and then putting ticket in the envelope.

I am quite happy, having renewed in April at the same price as last season when I took the early bird advantage.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Agreed. And it sems ridiculous that the booking fee for booking online is MORE than for booking by phone - surely online booking should be encouraged to keep overheads down?

No booking fee or postal fee if you book in person at the ticket office (although not much consolation to us exiles).
Quite. I'm particularly miffed at this, particulary as there doesn't seem to be a postal renewal option - either I pay £5 to do it online or by phone, or make a 150-mile round trip. Seems a funny way of rewarding my loyalty. I feel an email to Kelvin coming on!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

One of my pet hates in life is booking fees and I do everything I can to avoid them. I think if you send your application by post with a cheque without adding the booking fee they will be more than happy to process it. I've done this for all the games I've bought tickets for my daughter and it's never been an issue.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Yes: send a cheque made payable to OUFC, by second class post and you save the £5 booking fee.

Thats what I shall do.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotHog&quot wrote:One of my pet hates in life is booking fees and I do everything I can to avoid them.
I'm 100% with you on this.