An Aston Villa "fan" is our next PM.

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Villa fan my arse. You can just imagine Dave at a football match, can't you?
I’ve had two “constituency
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Accountants and petit bourgeouisie support the Tories shock!
Time for the dinosaurs to come out of the swamp maybe instead?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I agree with some of what Sloppy says.
Beancounters in slight agreement shock!

Back to Sackcloth Ox's comment that we are all in this mess together, the only way I can see that tax increases / pay cuts working is for it to be on everyone, such as VAT and basic rate of income tax. That way it affects public and private sector alike.

Spain will implement a 5% reduction in public sector wages this year, freeze wages in 2011, also suspending a pension hike. 2,500 euro subsidy for new parents scrapped, foreign aid trimmed, public investment will fall 6BN Euros.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:Villa fan my arse. You can just imagine Dave at a football match, can't you?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Accountants and petit bourgeouisie support the Tories shock!
I don't remember saying that I support the Tories.

At least I'm not petit bourgeouisie. I'm not petit anything these days!! :cry:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:Who cares a stuff whether Cameron likes football or not?
My point is that he's a liar, even on trivial issues, like whether he supports a football team or not.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

It was pointed out to me that our last last three promotions happened under a Tory government (possibly more - we couldn't remember further back than that).

Still hate the greedy self centred, smug Etonian bastards though (ooh, look what a trendy anti-tory I am).
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:It was pointed out to me that our last last three promotions happened under a Tory government (possibly more - we couldn't remember further back than that).

Still hate the greedy self centred, smug Etonian bastards though (ooh, look what a trendy anti-tory I am).
I hate the greedy, self-centred, smug, Union, left wing lying bastards. But at least my hatred is based on their actual policies and actions, and not their perceived personalities and bigoted notions of what they might be like.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

The goverment has gone all Yellow and Blue. This has got to be a good thing? maybe not for political reasons but every cloud and all that...
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:Who cares a stuff whether Cameron likes football or not?
My point is that he's a liar, even on trivial issues, like whether he supports a football team or not.
Nothing like Bliar or Brown then?
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:It was pointed out to me that our last last three promotions happened under a Tory government (possibly more - we couldn't remember further back than that).

I hate the greedy, self-centred, smug, Union, left wing lying bastards. But at least my hatred is based on their actual policies and actions, and not their perceived personalities and bigoted notions of what they might be like.
Go Terry, you're on a roll.

Let's hope the Beeb's budget gets cut, they get too much of my money. How many more of their management get paid more than the PM? Wasn't it 220 ||?

Why?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I hate the greedy, self-centred, smug, Union, left wing lying bastards. But at least my hatred is based on their actual policies and actions, and not their perceived personalities and bigoted notions of what they might be like.
There you go again. It's bigoted not to like the tories, but perfectly reasonable not to like anyone else. Have you considered that some people actually don't like tory policies? Or are only right-wingers allowed to have valid political opinions? Your standard of argument is usually higher than this, GY.

They're all greedy, lying bastards, that's why they're politicians.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:I hate the greedy, self-centred, smug, Union, left wing lying bastards. But at least my hatred is based on their actual policies and actions, and not their perceived personalities and bigoted notions of what they might be like.
There you go again. It's bigoted not to like the tories, but perfectly reasonable not to like anyone else. Have you considered that some people actually don't like tory policies? Or are only right-wingers allowed to have valid political opinions? Your standard of argument is usually higher than this, GY.

They're all greedy, lying bastards, that's why they're politicians.
Please don't assume that because I hate Labour that I am right wing.

I've no problem with people not liking Tories or any other party because of their policies, but on this thread, and in many many other cases on this site and elsewhere, the comments are along the lines of &quotI hate the greedy, smug, blah, blah Tories&quot with no reference to policies. It is always an irrational prejudiced hatred.

You are absolutely right that everyone has the perfect right to establish whether they like or dislike anyone, but prejudiced or irrational or bigoted views are worthless and pointless in my opinion.

Sure some of the contributors above will have considered and formed their views, and I wasn't getting at them personally, just the tedious &quotI hate the Tories&quot type line.

Fine have a hatred of the Tories, but at least explain why.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Fine have a hatred of the Tories, but at least explain why.
Because they're all lying, bigotted, self serving types that all look like Lord Snooty.

I haven't really got the hang of this have I.