Play Off Dates

Anything yellow and blue
nick_OUFC
Embryo

Play Off Dates

Post by nick_OUFC »

Just found these on Hyde United's website of all places! Being an exile I need to plan ahead... If (!) we finish 3rd I take it we would be playing on the 29th and 3rd (at home). Assuming Brian Lee is not planning it- do you agree with my logic?

29 Thu 1. BLUE SQUARE PREMIER PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINAL FIRST LEG
30 Fri 2. BLUE SQUARE PREMIER PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINAL FIRST LEG
03 Mon 1. BLUE SQUARE PREMIER PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINAL SECOND LEG
04 Tue 2. BLUE SQUARE PREMIER PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINAL SECOND LEG
16 Sun THE BLUE SQUARE PREMIER PLAY-OFF FINAL
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

That ties up with an earlier thread.

Would be a bit of a nightmare if we have to travel up to York on Bank Holiday Friday.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I'm not sure there are any set dates apart from the final which is pre-booked at Wembley. In prior years, there was presumably the tv issue to consider, as I think I remember watching the away game at Exeter at the Sports Cafe in London, so was presumably a Fridayevening.

Although the games being played 3rd-2nd and then 5th-4th on consecutive days, and the reverse fixtures the next week, seems pretty consistent.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotamershamwrighty&quot wrote:That ties up with an earlier thread.

Would be a bit of a nightmare if we have to travel up to York on Bank Holiday Friday.
Not sure that is a bank holiday however......

I've been offered the 'opportunity' of an HR training day in Leeds on Friday 30 April that finishes at 16.30 so that I can then appropriately 'review' my staff . It wasn't that appealing but maybe....just maybe.....I need to ensure I can meet their development needs.

I think I'll decide at 5pm on 24 April :D
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

http&#58//www&#46bluesqfootball&#46com/ ... 00&#46html

Play-off dates confirmed

The League's governing body, The Football Conference, have confirmed the play-off dates for the Blue Square Premier, North and South.

BLUE SQUARE PREMIER:

Following the announcement of television coverage for the Blue Square Premier 'Promotion Final', it is unlikely the Semi-Finals will be televised. In which case, the Semi-Finals can be played on the same evening.

The First Leg matches will, therefore, be played on Thursday 29 April 2010 (k.o. 19:45) and the Second Leg fixtures will be played on Monday 3 May 2010 (k.o. 15:00)

The 'Promotion Final' will be at Wembley National Stadium on Sunday 16 May 2010 (k.o. 17:00)
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:BLUE SQUARE PREMIER:

Following the announcement of television coverage for the Blue Square Premier 'Promotion Final', it is unlikely the Semi-Finals will be televised. In which case, the Semi-Finals can be played on the same evening.
What announcement? It doesn't seem to be on their website!

What channel is it on?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotslappy&quot wrote:BLUE SQUARE PREMIER:

What announcement? It doesn't seem to be on their website!

What channel is it on?
http&#58//www&#46skysports&#46com/story ... 00&#46html
Skysports

strangely the hyperlink for Oxford United takes you to news on Carlisle United.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

You'd think that the Conference would make a similar announcement on their own website. Very odd.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:You'd think that the Conference would make a similar announcement on their own website. Very odd.
It was impossible for me to find from the Skysports homepage, but luckily someone had linked to it on tiu.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Conference or Blue Square actually paid Sky to promote the game.