Chester City again....

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Update - no announcement today. Probably tomorrow, possibly Friday.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:Case adjourned for 42 days until 10 March. Their official site claims that they're seeking a CVA and all that they owe is £26,125 to HMRC and £20,000 to other creditors. Sounds like a load of bollocks to me, but without access to their accounts who am I to question Mr Vaughan?
You just know what is going to happen don't you....

New knight in shining armour appears during w/c Mon 22nd Feb and announces takeover deal.
CFU rejoice, cancel the boycott &amp encourage all fans to turn up on the Saturday to welcome the new owners.
The players respond to the packed house and claim a shock win over the title favourites.
10th March, new owners elect request another 4 week adjournment as they have had insufficient opportunity to fully take hold of the true financial situation at the club.
6th April, new owner throws in towel due to extent of obstacles put up by the Vaughans meaning:
7th April, club officially wound up with three weeks of season to go.
Fri 9th April, Brian Lee announces that the Conference Board are to meet urgently to discuss how the situation to be handled.
Fri 16th April, original meeting cancelled as confirmations faced by two board members fail to be found.
Fri 23rd April, Conference Board finally convene to discuss issue, but are sidetracked by earlier agenda item on paper clips and adjourn the rest of the meeting until the Monday.
Sat 24th April, final league games played, leaving Stevenage top by one point from Oxford.
Mon 26th April, all eyes on Birmingham as Mr Lee and Co face the difficult decision of whether to follow their main rulebook and expunge all points gained in games against Chester (ie Stevenage 6, Oxford 3) or invoke Appendix 6.1.i.iv.x &quotMr Lee has the right to invoke any arbitrary rule he sees fit&quot and award 3 points to those sides which were still to play Chester when they folded, &quot....as it seemed a shame to discount their influence entirely, given how late in the season it was when they folded....&quot

You heard it here first
If we fail to get six points against Chester, and our rivals manage it, I hardly think we could have any cause for complaint. It's a bit facile to say that everything's Brian Lee's fault, even when it hasn't happened...

From a purely selfish point of view, I hope the matter is taken out of our hands by the Conference Board. But only because I'm not confident of getting 3 points there, however bad Chester are. Remember 94/95?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

It appears that, far from what was announced in court recently, Chester are actually £703,000 in debt (that's just what's currently owed and doesn't include future liabilities). That's from a company that has been in business for less than 12 months. Allegedly, £485,000 of that is from loans by the Vaughan family, which begs the question as to what that money was spent on (it doesn't appear to have been players' wages or transfer fees), but given the man's associates and his past one has to wonder.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Raises, not begs
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Dr Bob »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Raises, not begs
I think &quotDemands an answer to&quot comes closer.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I think that, given Chester's circumstances, begs is entirely appropriate!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Well the Conference Board has 'acted'. Chester have been suspended from the Conference for seven days. That'll learn 'em.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Well the Conference Board has 'acted'. Chester have been suspended from the Conference for seven days. That'll learn 'em.
What does that mean?? Does it mean that, for 7 days they are not part of the league and therefore we go top for 7 days, until they are re-instated... or does it just mean that the Conf board want to give the players as much rest as possible before they play Us...!
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

My understanding (and I don't really want to try and second guess Brian Lee and his cronies) is that they have 7 days to come up with an acceptable explanation for their failed to fulfil their fixtures at FGR and v Wrexham, and meanwhile their game v Kidderminster is postponed. (or maybe the game v Wrexham is postponed as well and they don't have to explain that one?) If they can't come up with an acceptable explanation then the Conference Board will doubtless call another meeting a week later in order to consider whether or not they need to call a further meeting a week later. They will probably try and prevaricate until after the High Court winding-up order is heard on 10 March.

Alternatively, they'll wait until we beat Chester 8 or 9-0 after which they will expel them and expunge their results. Should we fail to beat Chester they'll be given a stay of execution until after the end of the season.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

I'm pretty sure that this will be the end for Chester.

The Conference have charged them with five breaches of rules, including two of failing to fulfill fixtures. Under Conference rules, they have 7 days to respond and the Conference will hear the charges next Thursday with any personal hearing requested also held on that date.

The fact that they have suspended their fixtures in the meantime (i.e. forced a third fixture to be cancelled) would suggest that they will be kicking Chester out, but have to follow the due process.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

The conference rules state nothing about a punishment of &quotsuspension&quot, which is a completely meaningless punishment.

So Brian Lee has made up his own rules yet again.

What a farce.

I hate to see clubs go to the wall, but in the case of Chester City, it is surely kinder to put them out of their misery and let them start again with a clean slate.
nerps
Baby

Post by nerps »

I find it more than annoying that while the conference muddle over what they intend to do, OUFC have have to endure travel expences, risk injury, face playing in an empty (unpoliced?) stadium and all in order to gain 3 points which will almost certainly be taken away later or at the end of the season.
A suspension of all Chester matches should now be put in place and not lifted unless Chester's continuation as a 'playing club' can be guaranteed.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:The conference rules state nothing about a punishment of &quotsuspension&quot, which is a completely meaningless punishment.

So Brian Lee has made up his own rules yet again.

What a farce.

I hate to see clubs go to the wall, but in the case of Chester City, it is surely kinder to put them out of their misery and let them start again with a clean slate.
He has actually gone and made rules up again. I agree with Boz, they don't want to have to make a decision so will wait until the Her Majesty makes up it's mind for them. So very weak. It makes them look totally incapable of making a decision, which indeed they are.

It is interesting to note that Chester City fans want the club to be folded, so they can start again.
Mac
Embryo

Re:

Post by Mac »

[quote=&quotrecordmeister&quot]

He has actually gone and made rules up again. I agree with Boz, they don't want to have to make a decision so will wait until the Her Majesty makes up it's mind for them. So very weak. [b]It makes them look totally incapable of making a decision, which indeed they are.[/b]

It is interesting to note that Chester City fans want the club to be folded, so they can start again.[/quote]

Hutchinson?

Admin edit: sorting out quotes. Failed. Fukkit.