Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Any one speak Dutch?

Post by Swissbloke »

boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Here's what Free Translation throws up. Seems to make some sort of sense:
Beautiful he? Last year, 28 December. There stood they then in t uitvak of Salisbury FC. Her boys of Oxford United to supporten. Competition in the Blue Square prime Minister. It became 1-1. With thanks at lady.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

Just got this back from Holland.

Great eh? Last year, 28th of December. There she stood in the away supporters area of Salisbury FC. To support her Oxford United boys. Match in the BSP. It was 1-1. Thanks to the lady.

Addendum. Does anybody know her. Jus tlove her handbag.

:?:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

And from Babelfish we have an equally clear translation..

Nicely he? Previous year, 28 December. There she stood then in t uitvak van Salisbury FC. For its boys of Oxford United at supporten. Game in the Blue Square prime minister. It became 1-1. With thanks to Ms.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Now we vaguely understand what it means can we ask why a Dutch site has published this picture and small article?!
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quottheox&quot wrote:Now we vaguely understand what it means can we ask why a Dutch site has published this picture and small article?!
You might be interested in one of the responses by Malcolm NL in the attached link

http://www.nonleaguefootballlive.com/fo ... 867.0.html
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by slappy »

&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:Now we vaguely understand what it means can we ask why a Dutch site has published this picture and small article?!
You might be interested in one of the responses by Malcolm NL in the attached link

talking of nonleaguefootballlive, I see the main site is experiencing down-time. I was really looking forward to The Andy Burgess Show tonight, but it appears the fixtures is now in doubt.
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotslappy&quot wrote: talking of nonleaguefootballlive, I see the main site is experiencing down-time. I was really looking forward to The Andy Burgess Show tonight, but it appears the fixtures is now in doubt.
It's probably Mick Brown's fault.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Dartford Ox »

&quotslappy&quot wrote:
&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:

talking of nonleaguefootballlive, I see the main site is experiencing down-time. I was really looking forward to The Andy Burgess Show tonight, but it appears the fixtures is now in doubt.
In best possible McEnroe accent

You cannot be serious...............
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Anyone speak Dutch ?

Yeah - Steve McClaren does apparently (but not very well)
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Anyone speak Dutch ?

Yeah - Steve McClaren does apparently (but not very well)
I think you'll find McClaren is fluent in double Dutch only.
malcolmnl
Baby

Post by malcolmnl »

Hi Guys. First post here. Steve McClaren speaks Dutch as well as I speak Chinese. In other words, he can't.
:lol:
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

So do we get a proper translation Malcolm?
malcolmnl
Baby

Post by malcolmnl »

Yes definately. But then I would say that, it's my translation. :D But I don't think you'll find a better one, I've lived in Holland for 32 years and have a Dutch missus :evil:
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotmalcolmnl&quot wrote:Yes definately. But then I would say that, it's my translation. :D But I don't think you'll find a better one, I've lived in Holland for 32 years and have a Dutch missus :evil:
I was confused for a bit there but now understand that Dartford's translation was from you. What I don't understand is why and how the picture appeared on a Dutch web site in the first place.