Bored so lets wind it up

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

No. I am off to watch the Hennessey at Newbury.

And if I wasn't going there I think Didcot Town playing Newport County in the Trophy would be my preferred football match.

So that raises a question, why have I gone from driving here, there and everywhere to watch Oxford play in September to can't really be bothered in November.

Anyway else feeling the same waning enthusiasm?
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

&quotAnyway else feeling the same waning enthusiasm?&quot ........... NO !!
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:No. I am off to watch the Hennessey at Newbury.

And if I wasn't going there I think Didcot Town playing Newport County in the Trophy would be my preferred football match.

So that raises a question, why have I gone from driving here, there and everywhere to watch Oxford play in September to can't really be bothered in November.

No - but of course you are a man of many interests Dave.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:No. I am off to watch the Hennessey at Newbury.

As you know I too share your interest in racing, in fact I am going to The Hennessey Dinner on Friday evening but I am still going to watch The Yellows on Saturday and then back to Newbury Races on Sunday - not the same quality but still a good day.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:Anyway else feeling the same waning enthusiasm?
er... no.

the one time i considered giving a game i'd been planning to go to a miss was because the daggers FA cup game clashed with the excellent audioscope festival. but then a friend announced her 30th birthday would be in london the night of the game, so i was Duty Bound to be in london anyway.

heh.

what's to be unenthusiastic about? okay, it's not been champagne football all the time, but by and large it's been good, the opposition usually try and play a bit (or a lot), and the team's usually been backed by excellent support.

hardly soul-sapping stuff?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:Anyway else feeling the same waning enthusiasm?
No no and again - NO.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
One foul mouth nutter vowed to keep his foul mouth under control last home game and managed to make it through until 20 to 5 before his mouth got the better of him. Even then there was some debate as to whether calling the referee an a***hole was really swearing. Strangely I thought it was.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote: Even then there was some debate as to whether calling the referee an a***hole was really swearing. Strangely I thought it was.
goodness, i'm glad i stay in the more refined environs of the east stand...

c'mon DLT, that's five bites on your wind-up... why are you so disillusioned? you've even won your first boot this season!
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Thanks Matt
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
goodness, i'm glad i stay in the more refined environs of the east stand...
As an ex London Roader the East Stand is probably my natural habitat but I much prefer the view from the half way line now. The (apparent ?) lack of passion of some of those in close proximity does tend to get to me at times though. But as people get older I guess they become happier to just sit and watch.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

But as people get older I guess they become happier to just sit and watch.
Same goes for football too Baboo :wink:
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotDLT&quot wrote:Well I haven't raised a heckle from Trevor or Tim. They are keeping stumm very well.

Anyway, I will look for an update on Sunday.
Haven't you lot had an email exchange yet?.
Sadly won't be there on Saturday as daughter's birthday. But others will be around.
That's about as near to no comment as it is possible to come. In answer to your question - Yes I've sent Trevor an email but I haven't received a reply so that doesn't constitute an exchange.
Just to set the record straight on this one. For some reason Trevor's email address was being blocked by my email service so I never received his reply to my email on this subject or the OxVox message about the meeting. So in summary the meeting didn't bypass OxVox members and Trevor did reply to my email.