Another New Player?

Anything yellow and blue
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

....and Killock has signed permanently. Well to the end of the season that is.

Hope he gets fit soon.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I haven't been as excited about a signing since we signed Manny Omathingy.

Clist has always caught my eye. Might have been something to do with a play on words of his surname.

As for his being a resident of Witney, that is a real bonus. I have never really taken to any player who travels a long way to work.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by YF Dan »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:I haven't been as excited about a signing since we signed Manny Omathingy.
Have you been hanging out with Joe Kinnear, DLT?
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

Suddenly I'm led to the conclusion that Nick Harris was light years ahead of Kinnear then with his constant references to &quotManny Omonimmy&quot.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:Clist has always caught my eye.
And they allow you to drive taxis !
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:I thought kelvin Thomas kicked the issue of a Fans Forum into the long grass when he spoke live on the radio last week.

WPL don't want to front up at a fans event it appears preferring individual 1:1 's with interested supporters and sponsors in a hospitality box!

Remember KT secretly attended the last Fans Forum (in disguise I may add) under Kassam's chairmanship and was shocked and disturbed at the hostility
and rancour in that room that night three years ago.
I heard the interview and KT apologised for the fans forum not happening in January (he blamed it on the time spent on the points deduction issue). He suggested that there would be an announcement in the next couple of weeks of a fans forum happening shortly.

If I were cynical, I would think that there is never a better time for a fans forum what with the current form and the signing of Clist!
It's not so much cynicism, Paul, but good business sense and bonding with the couple of hundred supporters who always turn up for such events. There have certainly been worse times to hold a fans forum, but both Chris Wilder and Kelvin Thomas can expect a relatively easy ride right now because those guys seem to be able to do nothing wrong at the moment.

The only tricky questions I can anticipate would be from the likes of OxVox etc and would be directed at Mick Brown (Hutchgate) and the presumably absent Ian Lenagan (current finances and Stadium acquisition).

I’ve certainly got my one question ready, but it’s for the team manager, as per usual.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:
&quotDLT&quot wrote:I haven't been as excited about a signing since we signed Manny Omathingy.
I was told by a member of club staff that the correct pronunciation rhymed with Annoying Me, which JK would no doubt have utilised at great length
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by DLT »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:
I was told by a member of club staff that the correct pronunciation rhymed with Annoying Me, which JK would no doubt have utilised at great length
Not much, I think Joe's last words to me were 'your a f***ing prat if you think Richard Knight is a decent goalie'.

He then turned to David Kemp and said 'Kempy, this twat thinks Knighty is a decent goalie, how many goals has he let in this year?'.

That led me to ask the forum if they thought we needed a new goalie, most of you agreed with me and Kinnear responded 'f***ing twats the lot of you'.

Happy days. The one person who out witted Kassam.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Isaac »

&quotDLT&quot wrote: Not much, I think Joe's last words to me were 'your a f***ing prat if you think Richard Knight is a decent goalie'.

He then turned to David Kemp and said 'Kempy, this twat thinks Knighty is a decent goalie, how many goals has he let in this year?'.

That led me to ask the forum if they thought we needed a new goalie, most of you agreed with me and Kinnear responded 'f***ing twats the lot of you'.

Happy days. The one person who out witted Kassam.
Given Knight's subsequent career path after Oxford, I'd be inclined to think Kinnear had a rather better idea than the fans at the forum on this particular point.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Clist has always caught my eye. Might have been something to do with a play on words of his surname.

As for his being a resident of Witney, that is a real bonus. I have never really taken to any player who travels a long way to work.
That wouldn't be Si Clist? I didn't think taxi drivers liked them!