Potential new player rumour

Anything yellow and blue
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Potential new player rumour

Post by Swissbloke »

One of our squad has been approached by another club and we're likely to accept to get Stuart Elliott from Grays in. Then offer is now with the player in question. No idea who it is though.

Elliott was at Halifax with Wilder.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 823934.stm

Elliott was at the Stadium last night.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

There is a view on Confforum that he was rubbish 10 years ago.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Oh dear, its getting worse &quotA shit player and a Tosser&quot
x586
Brat

Post by x586 »

Indeed, and his (very) detailed Wikipedia entry does not inspire confidence. Plus, he's played for Slumdon. Dear, dear ......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Ell ... born_1977)

The icing on the cake.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

Well this lad http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 829033.stm is on trial tonight at Didcot.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

It's been announced by the club that we have signed 21 year old left winger Craig Nelthorpe - formerly of Doncaster.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

....and Evans has left apparently.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

So we have signed a left winger. Could that mean the premature ending of another season-long loan...?
Yellow River
Brat

Re:

Post by Yellow River »

&quotDr Bob&quot wrote:So we have signed a left winger. Could that mean the premature ending of another season-long loan...?

More likely that it's Trainer who's leaving.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Elliott has played for 19 clubs. I am not keen on this rumour.

Whilst Trainer is the man out of form on the left wing (or central midfield or when on the bench) it would be Lewis who would free up the cash.

My bet would be on a season-long loan pony trotting off towards the Wiltshire border.
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

&quotThe 2005–06 season saw him finally completed an entire season with one team, during which he made 39 appearances and scored three goals.&quot

Please not another plodding aging injury-prone journeyman central midfielder. We can only play 3 of them at most anyway.
The Enforcer
Brat

Re:

Post by The Enforcer »

&quotMally&quot wrote:It's been announced by the club that we have signed 21 year old left winger Craig Nelthorpe - formerly of Doncaster.
http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=41197

Looks to be having an attempt at accumulating Elliott's number of clubs. However, at least he's got a reasonable strike-rate for a left winger who's never had a full-season at a club. Set up Fisher's goal in tonight's friendly too.

I always thought McGrath was a left-winger too, but played in the centre of midfield tonight.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotMally&quot wrote:It's been announced by the club that we have signed 21 year old left winger Craig Nelthorpe - formerly of Doncaster.
Rumour has it that he and Wilder once had a falling out when Wilder subbed him for trying a backheel that didn't come off. They must have made up since.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

So we have yet another manager whose scouting network and recruitment policy consists of &quotWell, I managed him at xxxx&quot? Sigh.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

AC, that's a bit harsh, he's managed none of the 3 loanees before as far as I can tell. And I don't think it's actually possible to be in the job 2 weeks and have already worked out which parts of the team need changing as well as have the time to go out and identify the particular players required. As ever, it'll be the summer that's important.