Reasons to be cheerful

Anything yellow and blue
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Add to Jack that barber’s shop in Bicester, and the bloke who claims to sort out your credit card mess every time a substitution is made.

I just hope the club don’t get so desperate that throw-ins get sponsored by some other cheapskate one man company poncing on our horrible predicament.
Wash your mouth out. We are the backbone of the country. Imagine the greater mess this country would be if in if everybody got paid by the taxpayer, Snakey. :roll:
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

On the other hand, if the club gets really desperate for cash, perhaps we could sponsor them to play well. So we could have &quotCorners that clear the first defender, sponsored by SmileyMan Global Enterprises&quot, or &quotPasses along the ground from defence to midfield, sponsored by RageOnline&quot

'Throw-in' is most definitely a compund noun, so the plural is 'throw-ins'. As for whether 'workers' should have an apostrophe when discussing their rights, it's a moot point, since my minions don't have any! :)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

At least we don’t have that printing company giving us “x minutes of added time
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

Talking of naff and desperate measures I got confirmation today that Oxford City have been approached in regard of ground sharing with Us at Court Place Farm, which is just madness, imho.[/quote]

Is this REALLY true??

I am not calling anyone a liar, buti if this is the stage we have got to then 'questions have to be asked'..........Please, Please tell me that this is a joke?

Are you sure it's not about having somewhere to train if we completely fall out with Milton???

(The football club...not the poet)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Not only true, but stupid of City to even entertain the idea, as if we went bust we’d probably put a thousand on their gate overnight.

It's a big NO from me.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

How reliable a source is this from Snakeman?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

without saying more than you want to, where did you get the confirmation from and how accurate is it likely to be?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

How funny that this rumour of ground sharing should appear today, as it was during today's match that I was thinking about the implications of taking football away from the Kassam. Isn't there a covenant on the Stadium that football has to be played there?

I was thinking (to enlighten you all into the workings of a mad mans mind!) that, if I ever became a man city esq billionaire then I'd buy some ground around oxford, build a little but managable stadium. Then I'd buy OUFC and move them there, screwing Kassam and leaving him with a big, rotting, worthless pile of crap for a stadium which &quotmust have football at it&quot according to his deal with OCC.
Foghorn
Toddler

Re:

Post by Foghorn »

&quotSnake&quot wrote: Talking of naff and desperate measures I got confirmation today that Oxford City have been approached in regard of ground sharing with Us at Court Place Farm, which is just madness, imho.
Has it been clarified what will happen to my memorial brick in the KassStad wall in this situation? Will it be moved to CPF?

Thanks.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:How funny that this rumour of ground sharing should appear today, as it was during today's match that I was thinking about the implications of taking football away from the Kassam. Isn't there a covenant on the Stadium that football has to be played there?

I was thinking (to enlighten you all into the workings of a mad mans mind!) that, if I ever became a man city esq billionaire then I'd buy some ground around oxford, build a little but managable stadium. Then I'd buy OUFC and move them there, screwing Kassam and leaving him with a big, rotting, worthless pile of crap for a stadium which &quotmust have football at it&quot according to his deal with OCC.
As nice as that plan sounds Meister it wont 'screw' Kassam.....the rule about having a football team there would be obsolete if we had another ground, much like the covenant that the Manor must remain a sports ground was overturned.
In view of the need for 'Brown Belt Buliding Sites' in the south east it could be just what Kassam is hoping for right now.

Some interesting points here (if you ignore the twaddle) suprisingly enough on T.I.U.

http://www.oxfordshireforums.co.uk/topi ... C_ID=83605

YES YES YES......I know how unlikely that sounds but please...........go with me and read it?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:How funny that this rumour of ground sharing should appear today, as it was during today's match that I was thinking about the implications of taking football away from the Kassam. Isn't there a covenant on the Stadium that football has to be played there?

Here is the actual wording of the covenant:

&quotFor the first 25 years following completion not to use [The stadium] other than for the primary use of football league matches (or matches to the standard approporiate to the seniority from time to time of the lessee football club) and ancillary use for rugby matches and other ancillary uses authorised by planning permission.&quot

It doesn't even mention Oxford United and refers to a lessee footbal club. We already know that the club doesn't have a lease but has a licence. Even if you put those two points aside once the club are unable to pay the rent the covenant is meaningless because if we can't afford to pay the rent then no other footbal club in Oxfordshire could unless somebody was to do another Franchise FC.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]At least we don’t have that printing company giving us “x minutes of added time
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It’s more than big enough for Oxford City in the League they play in, and some of our more vociferous fans would seemingly be happy with that should we go down one more step in the football pyramid.

Merry Out.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

I would never suggest that anyone here is bullsh*tt*ng, but as a 'one off' I REALLY, REALLY hope you are Snake.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

It's one thing asking about the possibility of a move/groundshare etc, it's another thing actually doing it.

There's no harm either in all three (four including OCC) parties concerned being made aware that it's an option being considered, even if it's not really.