Most Ridiculous Rumour Of The Summer And It's NOT On T.I.U!

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Most Ridiculous Rumour Of The Summer And It's NOT On T.I.U!

Post by Roo »

Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Yes, he's far too good for them and they wouldn't be able to afford the transfer fee.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Nice photo at the top of that thread... :wink:
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I dunno, Buscemi still looks like he's liable to drop dead any minute.
entirely disenchanted
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Can anyone (Boris, I'm looking at you!) actually confirm or deny the interest in Yemi from Reading?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Can anyone (Boris, I'm looking at you!) actually confirm or deny the interest in Yemi from Reading?
If they've ever seen him play, I can deny it pretty forcefully. Unless the Biscuitmen are planning a couple more relegations in quick succession. Yemi is nowhere near Div 2 standard.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Can anyone (Boris, I'm looking at you!) actually confirm or deny the interest in Yemi from Reading?
If they've ever seen him play, I can deny it pretty forcefully. Unless the Biscuitmen are planning a couple more relegations in quick succession. Yemi is nowhere near Div 2 standard.
Disagree. Yemi is potentially League 1 standard. If motivated and well coached. He has pace.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
Disagree. Yemi is potentially League 1 standard. If motivated and well coached. He has pace.
Yes indeed he is, he never shoots when he should pass or pass when he should shoot..................and his goals to games record speaks for itself. If anyone from Reading FC has logged on and is reading this then clear off.........we couldn't possibly let him go for less than £100,000. :wink:
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by YF Dan »

&quotRoo&quot wrote: Yes indeed he is, he never shoots when he should pass or pass when he should shoot..................and his goals to games record speaks for itself. If anyone from Reading FC has logged on and is reading this then clear off.........we couldn't possibly let him go for less than £100,000. :wink:
I'm with the Asc Ox here. Yemi has potential.

I don't think there's any truth in this rumour, but he's one of the few players we've had for the past few seasons who could play at a higher level.

Actually, Roo, his goals/starts ratio is pretty good. 24 in 59 puts him above quite a few former darlings of the terraces.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Boris has him as 24 in 63 games and if you factor in 45 sub appearances he is hardly prolific. The fact that he has a better ratio than many terrace darlings says more about how 'bad' we are than how 'good' he is!!

I cannot really imagine a higher level at which he would do well.........any (semi-serious) suggestions?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Yemi has scored against Man Utd.........I've always said the boy will do well.........
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Well, I am shocked by this. According to RadOx, the Rading scouts were there again today (Man Utd game) and obviously Yemi scored.

I think he is a joy to watch play, but all over the shop as player and I would not have had him down as a Championship player (part. as part of a team who must be looking to &quotbounce back&quot this season).

JS has just asked Patto about Yemi on RadOx:

DP skirted around the situation but ended up saying it was hearsay and that Reading haven't made contact with him about the player.