Streamed Commentary

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Streamed Commentary

Post by Mally »

If you can't get streamed radio commentary for Oxford games on Yellow World or the BBC Radio Oxford site this season does anybody know where you can get it?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: Streamed Commentary

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote:If you can't get streamed radio commentary for Oxford games on Yellow World or the BBC Radio Oxford site this season does anybody know where you can get it?
I managed to get it on Yellow World on Saturday Mally, and it was blocked o the RadOx direct link, so I assume PTV have got their act together (at least as much as they are able).

I don't think PTV are allowed to show highlights still though as the rights are held by the Conference.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Thanks for that. Hopefully it will be a permenant fxture by the end of the month so Mally Jnr can listen from Uni.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

My Dad has bought Yellow World for the commentary because he is teaching in South Carolina for a couple of months. He was somewhat unhappy when the commentary cut out and has reported it to Mick Brown - let's see what happens.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Commentary OK via the normal RadOx link tonight.

It seems to be the Saturday games which are blocked, which leads me to suspect that it's a general BBC blockage on the off chance that their local stations could be broadcasting something to whicih they don't have the rights, rather than a locally imposed blockage.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:Commentary OK via the normal RadOx link tonight.

It seems to be the Saturday games which are blocked, which leads me to suspect that it's a general BBC blockage on the off chance that their local stations could be broadcasting something to whicih they don't have the rights, rather than a locally imposed blockage.
I think you're right, Myles. I certainly haven't had a problem getting evening games this year. I did send the BBC an email asking what was going on with the Saturday ones, but got a standard reply saying 'sorry, but we don't have the rights to broadcast certain events'.

Incidentally, if you can't get a commentary via YW or RadOx websites, it's worth lurking on TiU, where someone often posts a link to a stream.