Non OUFC- Fulamerica?

Anything yellow and blue
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Non OUFC- Fulamerica?

Post by Zeke »

Fulham just signed their 5th US international in Eddie Johnson. Nice player with the right supporting cast but its no wonder they're in 19th place with 5 Yanks in the first team!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Non OUFC- Fulamerica?

Post by OUFC4eva »

&quotZeke&quot wrote:Fulham just signed their 5th US international in Eddie Johnson. Nice player with the right supporting cast but its no wonder they're in 19th place with 5 Yanks in the first team!
It's three regularly in the first team isn't it:

Carlos Bocanegra, Clint Dempsey &amp Eddie Lewis.

Brian McBride is long term injured ? plus Eddie Johnson
from Kansas City Wizards. Kasey Keller is in the reserves.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

As an aside, if Fulham go down and don't immediately bounce back, I believe they could be in very big trouble indeed.
MightyOxford1982
Brat

Post by MightyOxford1982 »

Worse thing bout these american players is Fans of Fulham and Reading who start Chanting USA! USA! USA!

its just such a lame chant im sure we brits could think of something original!

same with Man Utd Fans with ARGENTINA! ARGENTINA!
Demanding Fans Not Having Fun = Players Being Crushed Under Pressure Dont Forget Non League Football Is Played By Non League Players.
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

McBride should be back soon and I forgot about Lewis, that makes 6.

As an American, I wholeheatedly agree re: the &quotUSA&quot chant. I can't stand that crap at international events, especially since its the only damned chant/song Yanks know.
MightyOxford1982
Brat

Post by MightyOxford1982 »

You forgot about &quotLets go Boston Lets Go&quot Clap Clap and the classic DEEEEEEFENSE clap clap clap over n over in tune with the over the top PA systems u get at all american sport arena's.

lol give credit to the College Fans they can sometimes get it going one fo the best atomspheres ive heard on the TV was a Duke vs North Carolina B'Ball game i watched with Loul Deng playing for Duke.

Man the whole place was shaking.
Demanding Fans Not Having Fun = Players Being Crushed Under Pressure Dont Forget Non League Football Is Played By Non League Players.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotMightyOxford1982&quot wrote:You forgot about &quotLets go Boston Lets Go&quot Clap Clap
I'd be interested to know the history of that chant.

There's a Czech film from the eighties about football hooliganism, called Proc? (Why?) - in which one of the chants of the Sparta Prague supporters was &quotLet's Go, Sparta, Let's Go&quot.

Presumably they didn't think that one up for themselves but I can't remember it from English football, so where does it come from?
entirely disenchanted
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

I'm not sure where it comes from but numerous teams here in the States use variations of the &quotLet's go...&quot chant.