Dreamers

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Dreamers

Post by Mally »

For those who have been involved in H-Ho's dreamers league the final league table should be in your in boxes and makes interesting reading.

Bottom of the Oxford fans in joint 81st place are a certain Steve Hanks and David Pryor. Always said they talked rubbish when it came to football.

Highest place oxford fan was Hampshire Hog himself in 5th equal (some sort of fix surely).

Me? Oh yes down in equall 60th I'm afraid - snuggled up against - you'll never guess who - only Terry T! :o

If you frequent RageOnLine, Hampshire (or even if you don't) Thanks very much for organising this and I'll be trying to get some revenge in the World Cup version.
GodalmingYellow

Re: Dreamers

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote:For those who have been involved in H-Ho's dreamers league the final league table should be in your in boxes and makes interesting reading.

Bottom of the Oxford fans in joint 81st place are a certain Steve Hanks and David Pryor. Always said they talked rubbish when it came to football.

Highest place oxford fan was Hampshire Hog himself in 5th equal (some sort of fix surely).

Me? Oh yes down in equall 60th I'm afraid - snuggled up against - you'll never guess who - only Terry T! :o

If you frequent RageOnLine, Hampshire (or even if you don't) Thanks very much for organising this and I'll be trying to get some revenge in the World Cup version.
I'm sure I must have won on goal difference or something!!! :D
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Don't even mention it.

Snake stuffed nearly all of us. And he knows bugger all about anyhting.

best we all hang our heads in shame.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Just happy I finished just above a couple of other exiles I sit close to.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

It's a random walk. Need more data to prove outperformance.
Hog

Post by Hog »

Glad you enjoyed it Mally - everyone LOVES the Dreamers League! 106 people can't be wrong! (well, about a hundred can!)
Expect merciless promotion of it on here for next season.

But in the meantime ... don't forget WORLD CUP DREAMERS LEAGUE. Contact me on hampshire@hog2000.freeserve.co.uk for an entry form
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

This one is also quite good. It's run localy and has been going for years.

http://wwwusers.brookes.ac.uk/p0073604/
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:This one is also quite good. It's run localy and has been going for years.

http://wwwusers.brookes.ac.uk/p0073604/
and unites a dual love of international football and hugely complicated excel spreadsheets.

highly recommended.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

And it also has a web interface so there is no waiting for the organiser to send you the current table!
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

any other rage online posters doing this?

joint 155th at the moment... i thought i was doing okay but 204 points is 14 points per game... pretty impressive stuff. ah well.

i think i'm about to come unstuck with my hunches about italy and the usa. still, you never know!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I'm currently 19th out of the 408 entrants before yesterday's results, and that's amazing because I know almost nothing about football.

While we're on this subject Mr Derbyshire, do you know the organiser (the Web and Excel Wizzard) of this superb local footie compi?
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

only by reputation. i was introduced to the competition via ex-colleagues who had worked together at blackwell's (hence the rather bizarre team name) - they were always fans of the tournament there.

258th now, and continually amazed at how psychic some people are. bloody argentina, they should have shut the game down at 3-0 rather than going on to produce one of the most exhilirating displays of football i've seen for some time. :?

i'm going to concentrate on coming comfortably mid-table in my team.
Hog

Post by Hog »

Dismayed to see a Dreamers League thread hi-jacked by a rival. Can't believe it. Rotters.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Really sorry Mr Hog, but it’s such a good compi and the web interface is fab and getting better with each major tournament that is played. (Ken only does European and World Cups so it only comes around every two years).

But back to Matt’s point.

Ken Weavers used to sit next to me at work for years, but escaped Oxford City Council to go to Brooks University. If you share a common interest in computers (and Excel in particular) and the net and any level of football then anyone would get excited about the stuff he does and promotes.

/

By the way, is anyone on here planning to go and see Elton on Saturday, and where are you parking your car?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

By the way, is anyone on here planning to go and see Elton on Saturday, and where are you parking your car?
On my drive. 18 year old daugters with cars were invented for just such occasions - Payback time.