DREAMERS LEAGUE 2006/07 - ENTER NOW *THIS IS NOT SPAM*

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

DREAMERS LEAGUE 2006/07 - ENTER NOW *THIS IS NOT SPAM*

Post by Hog »

Entry forms for the 15th annual Dreamers League are now available. If you entered last season you should have received your forms already. All newcomers are welcome, just contact me on hampshire@hog2000.freeserve.co.uk

Basically you predict the Top 5 and Bottom 5 in each division (Top 3 in Scottish divisions) || some other catergories like top scorer, first player sent off etc, first manager sacked etc). Points are awarded for accuracy (strangely enough!) with 3 points for correct club in exact position, 1 point for club in correct area but different position. Confused already? Send for the concise rules which are easy to understand and were written 15 years ago when I had a better understanding of what I was doing!).

Once the season is under way there is a League table issued on a weekly basis. Which means nothing as only the final table matters.

All entry fees go out in prizes (usually Top 5) and last seasons winner got over £200.

I've only ever had positive feedback so give it a go. REMEMBER - YOU'VE GOT TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

When is the closing dtae for entries????

I deleted the email by mistake and had assumed it was going to be when the English season started, but have just discovered the Scots are starting today - aaargh!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:When is the closing dtae for entries????

I deleted the email by mistake and had assumed it was going to be when the English season started, but have just discovered the Scots are starting today - aaargh!
This sent me into a panic too. I checked the email and it says

&quot1245 hrs SATURDAY 19TH AUGUST 2006&quot

Which means we get a few misleading hints from early Scottish, Conference and Football League fixtures. Anybody would think that the organisers don't believe that real footbal starts until the Premiership kicks off - Surely not Hog?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Nearly right Mally! It's all tactical on our part to get more people who might not otherwise have a go to join in because, as you pointed out, they think they get some hints on the Leagues they know nothing about! Although that gives them an unfair advantage on people like us who have no idea about The Premiership and Championship!

New Dreamers always welcome - just click on the link in my original post and I'll send you the forms (you even get last seasons final tables to help you select!)
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Less than 10 days to go so don't forget. This season you can pit your wits against a former United triallist and England star.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Time's ticking on ... don't forget you've got to get them in before the Prem kicks off on Saturday.