These boots are made for Woking

Predictions as they were meant to be. Or not. Whatever.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Good effort Ancient! Except for shirts in the pub.
Well, except that ...

Hey folks, apparently the place to have a beer is the Crown and Anchor on Old Woking High Street ... a relatively straightforward walk to the ground. Don't forget to wear your colours ...
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Oxford win
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

Draw
Baboo Junior
Puberty

Post by Baboo Junior »

Ox win
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Oxford win

ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: These boots are made for Woking

Post by ty cobb »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:As everyone else is trying to be clever.....

First question: Total Crowd. Anyone within 15% stays in. Anyone more than 15% out is eliminated.

Then cascade.

Result.
Goals scored by Grebis.
Goals scored by Woking.
Goals scored by Oxford.

Tie breaker: How many Oxford Shirts do I see in the pub I go in before the match?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I make that no one's Boot. Baboo was the only one who predicted an Oxford defeat (was it that much of a surprise? evidently so), but he wasn't within 15% of the attendance, so he's eliminated immediately anyway. The only person who predicted 0 goals for Grebis, one for Woking, and none for Oxford, was DLT, but as it's a cascade he's presumably eliminated by virtue of predicting a draw as the result? Otherwise it's his Boot, not that he deserves it after taking the piss out of me queueing for an hour in my unsuccessful attempt to buy a veggie burger at that tinpot shithole we were at last night.

We have to get promotion - I never want to have to go back to Woking ever again (except as a possible pre-season friendly venue).
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:I make that no one's Boot. Baboo was the only one who predicted an Oxford defeat (was it that much of a surprise? evidently so), but he wasn't within 15% of the attendance, so he's eliminated immediately anyway. The only person who predicted 0 goals for Grebis, one for Woking, and none for Oxford, was DLT, but as it's a cascade he's presumably eliminated by virtue of predicting a draw as the result? Otherwise it's his Boot, not that he deserves it after taking the piss out of me queueing for an hour in my unsuccessful attempt to buy a veggie burger at that tinpot shithole we were at last night.

We have to get promotion - I never want to have to go back to Woking ever again (except as a possible pre-season friendly venue).
DLTs prediction doesn't make sense as he predicted a draw, but Woking scoring more goals than Oxford!!
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Yeah, I thought it was DLT's ... on the grounds that if everyone qualifying fails a category, then you move onto the next one? Fitting that the boot should be awarded for inconsistency!!
oxfordjames
Puberty

Post by oxfordjames »

A lucky mistake?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotoxfordjames&quot wrote:A lucky mistake?
Or a deliberate ploy to improve his chances of winning :lol:

Like AC, I assume that once the first eliminator had neen passed, where everyone failed a question, the cascade moves on to the next question.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

DLT's boot.

Baboo missses out by being eliminated by 37 spectators.

The cascade does not contain elimination rounds so DLT wins when you get to the goals for Oxford.

BTW - there were 5 shirts including mine and Hogs in the Kingfield Arms.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

oops. How embarrassing.

I must think something daft now.