Booooooooo DLT

Predictions as they were meant to be. Or not. Whatever.

Should DLT be stripped of his boot

Poll ended at Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:19 pm

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 11

ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Booooooooo DLT

Post by ty cobb »

With DLT clearly picking the question to give himself the best chance of winning I consider this anti competitive and as punishment should be stripped of his boot and the next nearest picks the questions.

Over to you........
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I voted yes.

Ty, so those getting in early have the advantage. Well if you look back I normally get in early. Most folks getting in late normally have the advantage, so it makes a change.

Just look on the bright side, when we win 3-0 on Saturday you will leave the ground knowing you have won the boot. No waiting for a judgement on bookings, times etc.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm any advantage is minimal especailly as theres no restriction on people having the same predictions.

It just makes it rather boring.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I've never played this game before but I took a look (quite early luckily enough) and thought this looks quite good, so I had a go.

How can you accuse that of being boring? unless you have played this game for so long that you are bored of the whole competiton of course.

Or perhaps you get a self satisfied sense of pride by being able to set a more erudite question than the last winner.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I thought it made an interesting change. I just think the bit about DLT keeping the boot if no-one gets it is a bit cheeky. That's why I've voted yes!

I think you should be allowed any rules you like, as long as it's something to do with predicting the score and a winner can be judged somehow.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Normally we have about 15 or 16 participants.

That means the odds of me retaining are very slim. I wanted a more clear cut conclusion for a change.

Now, if I retain or win, the boot this week it will something else completely different. And that one will be complicated.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

i thought the point of the boot as opposed to the hat was the element of randomness in it.

the question's fine to me as long as it relates to events that noone has a privileged insight into - i was half expecting DLT to ask what type of pie he was going to have at half-time or something...

still i voted he should be stripped of the boot, as it was a good running joke. :wink:
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

Personally, I thought my predicted 17-4 Oxford victory was pretty inspired.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

I've voted no on the basis that it is up to the holder of the Boot to set the question(s).

I am not the &quotBootmeister&quot (think someone else - Mally? - came up with the idea), merely started the Boot off again this season and thought it would be a good idea to keep the table up to date.

I do think, however, that no Boot point should be awarded if no-one is a clear winner but again that is up to the Boot holder to decide.

It is sensible that the Boot setter should go again if no point is awarded but perhaps we should deduct a Boot point if that happens twice in a row?

More random questions and the order of them will just add to the fun IMHO and having an easy tie-breaker solves the problem.

Am I taking this all too seriously? -)
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Personally I don't know what all the fuss is about. You've either got it or you ain't!!!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Personally I don't know what all the fuss is about. You've either got it or you ain't!!!
Don't you just hate it when the boot gets Hogged?