Not so bad I guess

Predictions as they were meant to be. Or not. Whatever.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Not so bad I guess

Post by Baboo »

I’ve thought for a while now that we would lose our unbeaten run to a crap team near the bottom of the table. So tonight was the night – 13th match into the season, JS Manager of the Month, Tuesday night, etc. But we didn’t get beaten did we so what a great result.

Lessons to be learned
1. How to defend corners
2. How to cope when your play maker is man marked
3. How to deal with over physical opponents when the referee sees fit to allow tackles from behind and through the man. (Don’t know the answer to this one)

Going a goal behind so early should have spurred us on to great things in the first half but it didn’t. There was, however, a spell in the second when we looked to be in total control and the football started to flow. I suppose we will never be in total control if we concede corners though.

What a totally terrible ref – but hey mate thanks for the second penalty. No way was it a spot kick from where I was sitting. At first I though he was going to book Yemi for diving, particularly as he gestured to the fallen one to get up. Then the lino intervened and Duffy had another opportunity to show what a cool character he is. Duffer motm by a mile. And not just for the goals. Won loads in the air, held it up well and some good touches and passes too. (What have you got to say to that Mally?)

I don’t like cheats but given Southport’s approach I think they deserved to have an iffy penalty given against them.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Whoops posted in the wrong place.