Josh Kennet (M) Released
Andrew Gunn (D) Signed for Oxford City
Gareth Tucker (G) Released
Matin Foster (M) Signed for R&ampD
George Santos (M) Loan expired
Chris Zebroski (F) Loan expired
Andy Burgess (LM/CM) Free Transfer to R&ampD || sell on clause

Updated 22/11/07
Last edited by Mally on Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:12 am, edited 28 times in total.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

All those with question marks have been released, with the possible exception of Luke Foster.

And has Gilly been transfer listed? Where'd you get that from?

Oh, and Johnson's been released.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Beechers Kennet Gunn and Brevett have all been released as has Tucker.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

That Boris is too quick..

Was Martin Foster a loan from Halifax or a permanent until end of season signing?
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Was Martin Foster a loan from Halifax or a permanent until end of season signing?
Loan, but ooc at Fax this summer, so partly with a view to a signing. My understanding is that both Fozzies have been offered contracts, as has Corcor, while talks are ongoing with Rose and Zebra (no chance with either, imho).
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Was Martin Foster a loan from Halifax or a permanent until end of season signing?
Loan, but ooc at Fax this summer, so partly with a view to a signing. My understanding is that both Fozzies have been offered contracts, as has Corcor, while talks are ongoing with Rose and Zebra (no chance with either, imho).
By my reckoning that means Santos is the only player we don't have information on, and I can't see the club wanting to keep him.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

With Tucker gone and Tardif likely to be off, we'll only have one goalie. Doesn't that leave us a bit short?
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Re:

Post by Shoobedoo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:talks are ongoing with Rose and Zebra (no chance with either, imho).
Isn't Zebra contracted to Millwall for another year?

Can't see us getting either of these tbh. We'd be better focussed attempting to pinch players from other Bluetinpotpremier clubs.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

D'you remember the good old days when being a supporter meant turning up regularly to a home game, with scarf and club colours?

These days we are expected to know, and want to know, the size of the squad, the salary bill and the length of all individual contracts. Not only that, we want it all real time.

I want to be the on the spot reporter, outside the door, when they come out .. &quotWhat d'you get? .... How much a week? ....... Oh well, never mind&quot
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

&quotGilly was a slip of the keyboard&quot ......... No, you obviously cut and pasted from your wish list.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Left sided players .... we have none.
dr ceri
Brat

Post by dr ceri »

What's with all this 'leaving us a bit short on keepers' or 'no left sided players' stuff?

It's not the squad for next year, it's the carcass of what's left after contract D-day! I think we can assume a bit of activity to fill the gaps (hopefully with younger, fitter, cheaper models...)
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Ancient Colin »

&quotdr ceri&quot wrote:What's with all this 'leaving us a bit short on keepers' or 'no left sided players' stuff?

It's not the squad for next year, it's the carcass of what's left after contract D-day! I think we can assume a bit of activity to fill the gaps (hopefully with younger, fitter, cheaper models...)
Yeah, but Jim is still in charge. Do you think he knows left from right or can communicate our needs to his drinking buddy scouts?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotneilw&quot wrote:&quotGilly was a slip of the keyboard&quot ......... No, you obviously cut and pasted from your wish list.
:oops:
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

No real argument about those senior players released. Bit surprised we are trying to get Quinn, Willmott AND Corcoran, as well as Gilly, Day &amp FosL but they are all good players so, no real complaint.

Bit disappointed that Burgess has been put on the List, hope it was handled well! I can understand the two keepers being listed, as having two is a luxury we cannot afford, but unsettling Burgess may have been a mistake.

I’ve said before I’d liked to have seen a few more kept on in the background, but even acknowledging the extent of the cutbacks required, I'd still have been inclined to have kept Tucker for an initial 3 months (with the understanding he could go if he gets another offer) in case one of the keepers does go. I’d also have given Mulvany a shot in midfield for a year as backup too as he finished the season strongly on trial in the reserves. Gunn did nothing wrong, but I do accept he may up about 7th choice if everyone signs.

Depends who we get in of course, but I'm a little worried in terms of overall numbers as we often had the likes of Gunn or Kennett on the bench last season and we won’t have that this time, with the possible exception of youth team keeper Sam Worrell, so we could be going into games with no cover in some areas.

Finally, worth noting we could set an all time record low of the number of home grown players making first team appearances, with Anaclet the only confirmed name for next year (unless one of the injured trio get lucky).