Squad Status

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Not sure if this has been brought up elsewhere, but Martin Foster has now signed for Rushden &amp Diamonds having been released by Halifax.
Try and keep up GY.
&quotsnake&quot wrote:Mally, can you update the top level posting with M. Foster signing with R&ampD please?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Not sure if this has been brought up elsewhere, but Martin Foster has now signed for Rushden &amp Diamonds having been released by Halifax.
Try and keep up GY.
&quotsnake&quot wrote:Mally, can you update the top level posting with M. Foster signing with R&ampD please?
Sorry! :oops:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

And so you should be. This is the definitive one-click service for OUFC player contract status so I suggest you bookmark it on your favourites.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

My brother told me yesterday that he has signed Mr. Gunn for Oxford City should you wish to update that small nugget of information.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I'd like to believe you, Steve, but I've no idea where your brother picks up these unsubstantiated rumours :wink:
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotSteMerritt&quot wrote:My brother told me yesterday that he has signed Mr. Gunn for Oxford City should you wish to update that small nugget of information.
I wonder whether he will be joined by Mr Beechers, who had a very successful (and popular) spell there on loan last season I remember..

I always think it is a bit of a shame that there is still a gap locally between OUFC and the next local clubs within the pyramid, which means that any youngsters leaving us find themselves dropping three or four levels if they want to stay local...
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotMooro&quot wrote: I wonder whether he will be joined by Mr Beechers, who had a very successful (and popular) spell there on loan last season I remember..
Unlikey as Justin has signed a young 19-year-old striker from Wycombe who has appeared in their first team.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Is there still no news on Foster (L) and Corcoran? Seems to have been a long time now...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

If there was then the first page of this thread would have been updated.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

It seems Luke Foster is about to sign a contract: http://www.oxfordmail.net/sport/omsport ... s_deal.php

Dunno about this other stuff about having made signings but keeping them under wraps. Would've thought it would be better to reveal them to aid season ticket sales? Unless of course they aren't quite as definite as implied...
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

It's because it's summer and if they don't keep them under wraps they'll go off.
entirely disenchanted
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Being generous I'd say they are players who are going to be free agents from July 1st, but the club doesn't want them to get poached before then

Being less than generous I'd say they've received vague assurances, but the deals are far from done...

Paul Fairclough is getting some stick for trying to sign some of the players he picked for the England 'C' team for Barnet. One is left-back Kevin Nicholson who I suggested earlier. Whether we get him specificallly or not, I would like to think we would have had someone watching that tournament under the guise of a holiday in the Scottish highlands, as I'd have thought we were a reasonable step-up for some of them...

Will be glad if FosL does sign, but I do have a slight worry that our potential players cannot afford to join the AA to ensure they get to important appointments on time (or at least the same day).

Still no news on Corkey?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Being slightly cynical, I'd say the club may be waiting to release information to boost season ticket sales nearer the start of the season, so that those who are wavering get persuaded to buy again.

Then again Mooro's suggestion of the 1 July contract renewal date is also very plausible.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

It is reasonable to hope that the club has a media strategy, and to be honest what the fans know during June matters very little.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:It's because it's summer and if they don't keep them under wraps they'll go off.
Or perhaps its best to keep quiet about them if they are of the Marv standard.