Squad Status

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Stop it all of you. I like my work to be at least vaguely original, and you're stealing all my best puns.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:If he does sign, and Smith says that is the squad closed, my money on the rageonline headline is &quotlast man Standing&quot
Radio Oxford reported this evening that the club are looking at the finances again in an attempt to sign Standing. Wonder what that means?
Was the money there all along? Is some one else going to have their wages cut? Are we going to risk breaking the rules?

Anyway when he makes his debut in the league it must be &quotStanding Start&quot surely.
The wages cap is for the season as a whole so its possible to start the season with a squad budget that can't be sustained over the whole season in the hope that players can be off-loaded in the January window or more likely the three youth team players on 3 month deals could be released when their contracts expire.

On the Standing theme if Jim asks him to play out of position it could be &quotStanding Orders&quot or if he scores with a header &quotStanding Tall&quot

Sorry boris. :lol:
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Stop it all of you. I like my work to be at least vaguely original, and you're stealing all my best puns.
About time you started standing up for yourself then.

Keep 'em coming.
Baboo Junior
Puberty

Post by Baboo Junior »

If he is taken off after having a great game he'll get a Standing ovation.

Next.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotBaboo Junior&quot wrote:If he is taken off after having a great game he'll get a Standing ovation.

Next.
If he plays really well but gets shown the door, he'll be outStanding!!

If he falls on another player during training, hopefully the other player will be underStanding.

If he comes on as asub he'll be a Stand-in' (I've got me coat already).
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo Junior&quot wrote:If he is taken off after having a great game he'll get a Standing ovation.

Next.
If he plays really well but gets shown the door, he'll be outStanding!!

If he falls on another player during training, hopefully the other player will be underStanding.

If he comes on as asub he'll be a Stand-in' (I've got me coat already).
Whenever he is substituted he will be Standing down.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

I wonder if at some point he'll be Standing on the terraces.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

It's alright Boris, you could use &quotStanding Room Only&quot instead

THere is a fair chance the three scholars will be released, given the level of their inclusion so far - depending on Bennetts injury they might even let him go now! As the other two can both play fullback they may have a hope, but we'll see.

Aoart from Burgess the only others I see us being able to/wanting to offload (or loan out) are one of the keepers (presumably Tardif after the morale=boosting removal of the No1 shirt) adn perhaps MArvin but I'm not sure Smith wants to do that.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMooro&quot wrote:It's alright Boris, you could use &quotStanding Room Only&quot instead

THere is a fair chance the three scholars will be released, given the level of their inclusion so far - depending on Bennetts injury they might even let him go now! As the other two can both play fullback they may have a hope, but we'll see.

Aoart from Burgess the only others I see us being able to/wanting to offload (or loan out) are one of the keepers (presumably Tardif after the morale=boosting removal of the No1 shirt) adn perhaps MArvin but I'm not sure Smith wants to do that.
With Burgess apparently injured, he won't be signing for anyone in the near future. Which really only leaves Tardif as a possibility to loan out/ transfer to free up some wages to sign Standing. But then again, we don't have a cheap replacement keeper anymore.

Unless we can persuade some foolish team to take Marvellous on a season long loan.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Interestingly (for me, anyway) the three youngsters I thought had the most chance of staying on with us, Gareth Tucker, Tommy Franklin &amp Jerome Anderson have not yet surfaced anywhere (to my knowledge).
Jerome Anderson has apparently just signed for Stevenage.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Presumably when they check everyone's on the coach after an away game, he'll be Standing up to be counted.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

I just hope he doesn't end up being a Standing joke.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:Stop it all of you. I like my work to be at least vaguely original, and you're stealing all my best puns.
Is that a Standing order?
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Will we begin the season notwithStanding?
entirely disenchanted
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

If he receives the player of the season award, will he be Standing on ceremony?