That uneasy feeling

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

That uneasy feeling

Post by DLT »

After resolving that now was the time to support the club (after a year of 19.50 hits) I went up to get my season ticket today.

I have to confess that I hadn't really looked to see the price (I knew they were the same as last year but I didn't get one then).

So up I walk and ask for a season ticket in SSU, choose my seat and then pull out the credit card.

'£319 please!'

F U C K. That sounds an awful lot of money to watch non league football.

On the drive home I began to seriously reconsider how many of those 'returning now he's gone' fans will pull £320 out their pocket for a season ticket?

After the experience of parting with the money I reckon the 'rush' for new tickets will end up being about the same number as last year.

A price of £299 (is that a cut of 7%) would have sounded so much cheaper. And I reckon that the cut would have persuaded some of the waiverers from jacking in their tickets and maybe encouraged more to get one this season.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: That uneasy feeling

Post by Matt D »

&quotDLT&quot wrote: F U C K. That sounds an awful lot of money to watch non league football.

On the drive home I began to seriously reconsider how many of those 'returning now he's gone' fans will pull £320 out their pocket for a season ticket?
or perhaps they'll decide to slum it in the east stand for £235.

that doesn't sound like so much - just over a tenner a game.