It's Exeter

Anything yellow and blue
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

It's Exeter

Post by Jimski »

This scares me. I still think that despite the fact we beat them 1-0 at home, they looked a very impressive side that day. (I didn't see the away match.)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

What really scares me is not getting my hands on a ticket for the first leg!

My lodgings are booked, my day off work on Friday is booked, my season ticket with the those precious vouchers still inside has been retrieved from my dustbin, but only 1,343 tickets are on sale and we have 3,100 season ticket holders according to the official site.

Having had a quick look at the Exeter site the prospect of getting a ticket for the home areas also look difficult and it’s almost definitely going to be a 10,000 plus sell-out attendance, given that there were 6,670 as St. James Park today with zilch from Southport turning up.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Main aim for me yesterday was to ensure it wasnt York again, Putting them out all together would have been preferable.

At least this gives us the chance to go down to Exeter with more than 15 players, with JS being able to choose from players he wanted to bring on (rather than Gunn &amp kennett) and not play Gavin Johnson up front for most of the game.

Wonder which FRiday night game Sky wwill show - the War of the Roses or the War of the Builders Merchants?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

whatever, i didn't want to go back to york. horrid pitch. horridly physical team (has l foester broken his leg?). Away at exeter was a miserable day mainly due to it being a 1pm k.o. on new years day meaning I had to get the train with a massive hangover at an 'orridly early time, only to get to the ground to stand in an open away end with it pissing down and the U's unable to even field 5 fit subs... Argh!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Funnily enough, I'm quite happy at this outcome. Particularly since I've just heard that I've got a ticket (and I'm not a ST holder).

Big queues at the ticket office apparently.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

From confguide.

Exeter played 13 in front of the cameras, won 0.
SteMerritt
Puberty

Re:

Post by SteMerritt »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:From confguide.

Exeter played 13 in front of the cameras, won 0.
You had to go and post that didn't you! Well considering they can't win on TV, and we can't beat them as they are our bogey team, get your money on 2 draws and a penalty shootout.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Anybody sure about how the semis work?

1) Do away goals count (in the usual sense of the side with more away goals going through if result tied after two legs)?

2) Is there potential for extra time in the second leg?

3) If the answer to both above is 'yes', then do away goals count before or after that extra time?
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotJimski&quot wrote:Anybody sure about how the semis work?

1) Do away goals count (in the usual sense of the side with more away goals going through if result tied after two legs)?

2) Is there potential for extra time in the second leg?

3) If the answer to both above is 'yes', then do away goals count before or after that extra time?
a) Yes

1) No

2) Yes

3) n/a
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Another question:

Is it true that Exeter, like Oxford, have never yet played a play-off game of any variety? (Not many league/former league clubs can this still apply to, I'd imagine.)
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

This is true. The difference is that Oxford are the only club to have been eligible for the play offs in every season since they were introduced never to have appeared in them. Exeter haven't been eligible in every season because in their first couple of seasons in the Conf there weren't promotion or relegation play offs in this division.

So there.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Go on then Boris, tell us who the others are in Oxford's position. If there are any...
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I think there aren't any.
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

Indeed. The clue was in the bit that said &quotOxford are the only club...&quot
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »