Just for Snake

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Just for Snake

Post by DLT »

Snake

I attended an event at the Ricoh Arena yesterday.

Very nice stadium.

Written in chalk by about half the turnstyle entrances was 'cash only'.

So even the Ricoh can cope with that payment procedure.
SuperOx

Cash Turnstyle

Post by SuperOx »

I recommended a cash turnstyle to Merry yesterday when I got my season ticket.He shook my hand (I must admit I checked after to see if I had four fingers and a thumb left) after I had paid my cash.

He said he thought it was a good idea and would look into
it. Well actually he said he would talk to Mick Brown about
it: so I guess that means it won't happen!
SuperOx

Post by SuperOx »

Should of course be a cash turnstile.

That was DLT's fault not mine.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Difficult.

For customer point of view ease of use a cash turnstyle has many plusses.

From a business admin the current system clearly has benefits (mostly in ensuring reduced embezzlement opportunities and security).

Mr Ashley obviously can make a safety case as well.

But at the Ricoh arena it was clear that the 'cash' option was an after thought (chalk signs). I suppose they were having 15,000 empty seat each week.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

“Mr Ashley obviously can make a safety case as well.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

I agree I think there should be a cash option on the turnstile certainly for parts of the ground where there is plenty of room for people to move around and you can have a stack of tickets reserved for cash at every game. I don't think any of the arguments against it really stand up to much scrutiny. Tickets get round embezzlement and the security argument doesn't stand up - they are in a steel cage with stewards outside.
portly NLI

cash on the nail

Post by portly NLI »

it'd be lovely to just turn up on the day and pay cash money, and sit where you want, rather than faff around at those windows .. I think they'd get more casual observers that way

only prob is the potential for 'meetings' between the two sets of fans, although that could happen when buying tickets from the windows I suppose

either way, it'll be nice to get back into the North Stand once again .. it's much warmer over there 8)
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Gosh, after far too many years of posting on Oxford United internet sites I finally get my own thread for my stupid and crap ideas!

Ok, so if the club won’t do ‘pay on the day’ at the North Stand then how about this idea instead?

Given that the price of getting into the North Stand is the same as the SSL, then why don’t the club let people who have purchased a Season Ticket for another part of the ground just give the matchday voucher from their book to get into the North Stand if they feel like it, given that there will be loads of free seats to choose from (and it would be cost neutral overall)?

No cash handling issues there, as far as I can see - and it’s another carrot to buy a Season Ticket.

/

By the way, I mailed Mick Brown a week ago to ask a really simple question, which said “How many Season Tickets did you sell last year?
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

wasn't it 2,300?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

No idea, but the numbers have never been put into the public domain in all the time I’ve been following the U’s.

The closest we’ve ever got to those numbers (and buying trends) over the last three seasons has been in this TiU thread, and that probably isn't very close at all…

http://www.oxfordshireforums.co.uk/topi ... C_ID=13249