help a club build their ground

Anything yellow and blue
Oxford Stone
Sperm

help a club build their ground

Post by Oxford Stone »

Hello,
I've lived in Oxford for about 6 years and have been to several games - but as a fan should, I support the club where I'm from. This means that I'm a Maidstone United supporter - see
www.maidstoneunited.co.uk to see who we are, and how we're getting on (same status as Abingdon Utd., Oxford City and Didcot ie newly-promoted to level 4 of non-league - a long way from our short stay in Div 4 but a sight better than the last 14 years in local football).
Now as we're just starting to build a new ground but need cash to make it happen (remember that feeling?), there are all sorts of fund-raising events going on. I'm planning to cycle to our last home game, starting the day before, 20 April. That's about 110 miles to sunny Sittingbourne where we groundshare - via Wallingford, Maidenhead, Slough, Brentford, Chelsea, Fulham, Millwall, Charlton, Dartford, Gravesend.
'info@xxfc.tv' -type emails haven't brought me much luck so I'm talking to forums like this one for the approx 15 clubs we plan to cycle past - looking for any help that fellow fans may be willing to give us. Cash... memorabilia to auction... access inside the ground for a photo opportunity... refreshment... any of these most welcome.
Please let me know who I should talk to if either OUFC or a fan organisation would be able to help us in any way.
Cheers,
Oxford Stone