I didn't expect this!

Anything yellow and blue
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Just stating a fact. The books have been closed for over six months now and I would have thought a committee member of a supporters trust would be equally eager to get a look at the club's financial status.

The reason regular and prompt accounts and AGM's are important, in case you need it spelling out, is that under Cox/Herd they were very irregular and late and the club ended up £13 million in debt and looking into the abyss. But I'm sure as a chartered accountant you were already aware of this.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The accounts last year became public on the 17th of February (I think!), but where is slappyboyblue when you need him on OUFC's &quotalternative&quot Internet forum?
Frank
Puberty

Post by Frank »

10 month filing deadline is correct. Accounts for companies with a year end of March 06 should be filed by end of January 07.

The fines are small though up to 3 months late £100, up to 6 months late £250, up to a year late £500 and over a year £1000.

Plenty of good reasons not to file, however, it does bring you to the attention of HMRC.

Looking forward to tomorrow and a good win.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotFrank&quot wrote:10 month filing deadline is correct. Accounts for companies with a year end of March 06 should be filed by end of January 07.

The fines are small though up to 3 months late £100, up to 6 months late £250, up to a year late £500 and over a year £1000.

Plenty of good reasons not to file, however, it does bring you to the attention of HMRC.

They're not even late filing yet but getting implied stick! Bigger fish to fry than this chaps, I'd say.
Frank
Puberty

Re:

Post by Frank »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:
&quotFrank&quot wrote:10 month filing deadline is correct. Accounts for companies with a year end of March 06 should be filed by end of January 07.

They're not even late filing yet but getting implied stick! Bigger fish to fry than this chaps, I'd say.
Res OX - Im answering a question from Mally.

I am not giving them any stick and couldn't give a monkeys if they file on time or not. I am well aware of many good reason why companies choose to file early or late.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotMally&quot wrote:The reason regular and prompt accounts and AGM's are important, in case you need it spelling out, is that under Cox/Herd they were very irregular and late and the club ended up £13 million in debt and looking into the abyss.
:roll:
entirely disenchanted
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It’s good to see that Jim Smith’s interview with Nathan Cooper on Saturday after the game is no longer on the RadOx site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/oxford/content/art ... 0607.shtml
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

so i read in the oxford mail that the blackstock payment that allowed us to make the two signings only just came through.

which means we must have had a wage cap review on account of the injuries?..