Wombling three

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Wombling three

Post by Kernow Yellow »

That was seriously impressive. Pretty much a total performance with some absolutely scintillating football thrown in. Very minor quibbles are that we are still not quite ruthless enough in front of goal (the opener should have been our third at least), and we took our foot off the gas a little when the match was won. But for most of the game we looked on a completely different level to the Dons, who fielded pretty much the same line-up that beat Us at Plough Lane.

Great news that Kane is staying. He and Brannagan are as good as it gets in midfield in L1, so keeping hold of Cam in January has to be our biggest priority. Williams is also an upgrade on Holland, and I'm not sure why he's been so sparingly used this season. I still have slight reservations about Seddon, and big reservations about our lack of full-back cover generally. But with a little judicious strengthening we could have a very exciting end to the season.

Happy New Year indeed.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Wombling three

Post by slappy »

An enjoyable game which i watched on the iFollow again. We seemed so much better than AFCW and I wonder how we managed to lose the away fixture.

Three weeks ago we were talking about the top nine and then a gap. Now it's a top six and a four point gap, and we are still in that top group. It's a bit distorted by the next three all having a game in hand, but I'll take that for an end of year position.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

Kernow Yellow wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:01 pm I still have slight reservations about Seddon, and big reservations about our lack of full-back cover generally.
I had an interesting chat with the people around me last night whether Ruffels would get in the side this year and we all agreed that Sedds is definitely an upgrade. Completely agree that he needs competition for his place; I wonder if this is the window in which Nicky Cadden finally lands?

I thought the first half last night was as good as anything I've seen at the KasStad. We were unplayable for most of it - and it wasn't just the attacking football, it was also knowing collectively where and when to apply the press. The whole game was a pleasure to watch, right down to the shithousery from Sykes after he scored and KR's cheeky wave at the Wombles fans towards the end of the match. Hearing the news about Herb afterwards was the icing on the cake on what was pretty much a perfect evening.

Priorities for the window: Competition for Sedds and Matty, a big old ugly bastard defensive midfielder, and holding on to CamBran.

Happy New Year, Raging On dudes! 8)
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Agree with everything said so far. I’d add cover/comp for Matty is the single most important piece of business, along with keeping CamBran. Defensive cover on the sides important too. I also think we need to hang on to Stevens.

We could be serious this season if we keep our players, keep them fit and keep our heads. For me, this is a more mature team than we have seen in a long time. Even players like Sykes and Taylor who seem to be as easily wound up, as do the winding up, are clipping themselves in the right way.

Interesting times indeed! Oh, and a possible new stadium to boot and a Maxwell in the news. Feels like the 1990s all over again.