Queens v Jacks

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Queens v Jacks

Post by OtmoorYellow »

No complaints about the result last night. We put out a mixed team of 1st team, reserves, U21 and U19s. I’m no expert on the QPR squad, but the team they put out was a lot stronger than ours, including their “big Dickie” as they loved to sing about.

That Dickie looked good in their team, showed just how far he has progressed in a short space of time. And of course, the ex-player scored against us, with a fine strike from 25 yards, whilst we failed miserably to close down the opportunity to shoot. That goal was a little too similar to Bolton’s first for my liking, and the defence needs to work harder and be better organised to prevent shots from distance reaching their target. Having said that, Easty had plenty of time and view of the strike and should arguably have done better.

An interesting, I’d depressing stat, is that ex-player and centre back Rob Dickie has himself personally scored just one goal fewer for QPR this season, than our entire squad in all first team competitions. That has to change pronto.

Winnall, or Sod-all as I think of him, worked his socks off, but never looked dangerous as a striker, and he was largely unable to hold the ball up. Dan Agyei on the other hand showed no intention of working his socks off, and he too never looked dangerous as a striker, and he too was largely unable to hold the ball up. Sod-all has had plenty of chances for this club, but he simply isn’t good enough. Dan remains young, but has also had game time. We won’t win matches with those two up front.

Again we had two very young players on the pitch in Leon Chamber-Parillon and Josh Johnson. Without pointing any criticism at them, it is arguable that Robinson just hasn’t taken the League Cup seriously enough. It’s a competition that we have good heritage in, and one that we could have done in better this season.

At least we can focus on the Papa Smurf trophy now….
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Queens v Jacks

Post by slappy »

That was my first visit to Loftus Road. It was good to have a decent away following on a Tuesday night under the lights, and the ground is a decent traditional ground with all the stands I think the same height and no gaps in the corners. We had group booked our tickets so got to sit together at the front of the upper tier which was good with the allocated seating. It's a shame that QPR didn't sell more, but I guess we aren't that big a draw for them even at a tenner a ticket.

The league cup prize money is pretty poor and in previous years I think only at the semi-final and final stages, which we are pretty unlikely to reach once the bigger EPL teams join in. So it is more one for the fans to see how we get on against higher league opposition. We weren't disgraced and had one shot that managed to bounce off the bar twice which I haven't seen before.

Dickie's instagram interview on the QPR page was pretty decent too, no disrespect to our club, marked by him not overtly celebrating after his goal. Also that he knew he had the freedom to go forward knowing he had two defenders behind him ready to step up if needed. It was mentioned on the other forum that the takeover may not be completed until the end of the transfer window, and it may be that a potential sell on of Dickie and/or other player sales could be affecting any valuation.