Cutting Crewe

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Cutting Crewe

Post by ty cobb »

Well that was a lot better than Monday (and their result against AFC shows how bad that was). We looked so much more up for it, moved the ball about well and played football in their half rather than whacking it forward the whole time - much more to Taylors strengths although he will be frustrated he didn't score.

Very open game which suited us and by the end we were cutting through them at will and were so clinical. Barker gets better and better, I thought Lee linked the play well and Henry getting back to the player that he needs to be to make us click.

Sykes is so frustrating to watch, great ball control and silky feet but really could do with getting some goals and he had a great chance to do so.

Thought the defence was solid, good to see our overlapping full backs return - makes us such a better team and nice to see Atkinson go on some of his mazy runs.

It meant we made up 2 points on the play off pack but I think the games in hand other teams have will cost us. Yes some of them still need to play each other so yes some will drop points but it means the other team won't and given how many teams are going for that last spot we will need somewhat of a miracle still.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Cutting Crewe

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I thought Sykes had a great game. Yes, he should have scored (could have taken an extra touch I think), but few of our players would have had the footwork to make that chance in the first place - and again for the penalty. Lee has slightly disappointed me overall - there's clearly a very good player in there, but he doesn't seem to get involved in games enough. At least Sykes sticks his neck on the line and gets in the good positions.

Very good performance all round, and fun to watch. Glad I paid the tenner in the end. Shame we've left ourselves with so much to do, but at least it keeps the interest going for a week or two longer.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Cutting Crewe

Post by slappy »

So that's two 6-0 away wins in two seasons!
I was very pleased with this as I have been backing players outside of the normal attack to score, so Moore, Ruffels and Brannagan all paid off. I also stick an extra £1 on them to score 2 at around 200/1, but no luck so far.

Looking at the run-in, with only six games to go, somehow we still have Shrewsbury to play twice.