Season tickets

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Wholeheartedly agree Neil.

But not blind support. Fans deserve to know who owns the club for example and I hope that is rectified sooner rather than later. Maybe it has and OXVOX wil let us know next week.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

“Relegation, for me, should have happened under Kassam's not Merry's watch.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

One correction Snake - He didn't pay £2m over the odds for the club. The £2m was to clear the debts on the club owed to Kassam/other Firoka group companies. The club itself cost the usual quid.

On the wider issue I'll be supporting the team and the club 100% as usual but will also be pushing OxVox equally hard to get answers to some niggling questions. There isn't necessarily anything underhand going on but incompetence and over optimistic plans have nearly killed the club in its very recent history and every clued up fan should remember that and push the chairman and owners to be open, honest and competent.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotMally&quot wrote:One correction Snake - He didn't pay £2m over the odds for the club. The £2m was to clear the debts on the club owed to Kassam/other Firoka group companies. The club itself cost the usual quid.

On the wider issue I'll be supporting the team and the club 100% as usual but will also be pushing OxVox equally hard to get answers to some niggling questions. There isn't necessarily anything underhand going on but incompetence and over optimistic plans have nearly killed the club in its very recent history and every clued up fan should remember that and push the chairman and owners to be open, honest and competent.
Kassam nearly killed the club. No one else.
dr ceri
Brat

Post by dr ceri »

Don't be daft Resurrection. Robin Herd had a good go too, which is surely what Mally is getting at.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotdr ceri&quot wrote:Don't be daft Resurrection. Robin Herd had a good go too, which is surely what Mally is getting at.
Exactly - If it wasn't for Herd and Cox's complete cock up then Kassam would never have come near the club. I know its unpopular with those that want to re-write history but its also true that without Kassam the club would almost certainly have gone under in the late 90's.

Neither Herd or Kassam wanted the club to go under or to tailspin out of the league but their incompetence in different ways led to the club's financial demise initially and playing demise most recently.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Nice to see a bit of debate on either side.

I think Merry's heart is in the right place but I think I was expecting a little too much given how much he had been built up and he was going to invest real money with 5 ex Prem players coming etc.

Still I will be buying a season ticket again this season, as I have done for the last 5 years.

If we don't go up though, although it pains me to say it, I don't know if I could face going every week and wasting my Sats as I have done for the last few years. This is a very very important season for us it needs to be got right on the field or I think myself and many others will decide enough is enough and yes a large part of that is down to Kassam and the 'managers' he has brought in.

Re:

Post by »

&quotdr ceri&quot wrote:Don't be daft Resurrection. Robin Herd had a good go too, which is surely what Mally is getting at.

Disagree. Kassam was 500% worse than Herd. Ask the staff.

Post by »

Former ticket office person posing as an anonymous poster on RO who was pissed off with being told he was crap (because he was) alert.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by DLT »

&quotAnonymous&quot wrote:

Well come back with a handle and we can discuss that comment extensively.

Re:

Post by »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:
&quotAnonymous&quot wrote:

Well come back with a handle and we can discuss that comment extensively.
sorry. i was wrong in hindsight.

kassam was 1000% worse than herd. you FOUL chaps make me laugh with your 'rewriting of history'.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

So the staff were happy with having to rely on handouts from supporters to pay the wages were they?

Or were they happier getting their money on time every month?

If I'd have spent the money Heard did on behalf of OUFC I'm sure the staff would have been happy at the time - doubt they'd have thanked me for it when he jumped ship though.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

well, i read on the official site that the club says it sold 300 tickets to new and lapsed season ticket holders. excellent news if this is true (and not just the result of a rubb database of ticket holders - although, on this point, i noted this year i received just the one season ticket letter asking me to renew, not accompanied by one asking me as a regular ticket purchaser to sign up for one - not only can kelvin thomas use powerpoint, he can evidently de-dupe databases - hallelujah!).

hopefully indicative of a general trend then - i suspect most people aren't that bothered about going up to the ground to meet the players (i assumed the ones i'd most like to lamp weren't going to be in attendance) and would rather leave the money in their bank accounts until the discount deadline. if so, merry should take some credit here for capitalising on the mood round the club which i'd rather expected to evaporate when it came to writing cheques.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

I don't think the question was about who was the nicest bloke to have around the place. Herd took the club to the brink of extinction and then walked away. The debt was the highest of any football club in the country at the time.

I'm sure Kassam was a complete nightmare to work for but that isn't what was being discussed.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Just purchased my new season ticket.

Number 389.