Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside

Post by recordmeister »

I couldn't make the game at the weekend, Jerome.

However, I do like reading the thoughts of those that have been... yet I wonder if we are now at the point where even a 4-0 away win, at a ground we've not won at since 2003, doesn't even have Us rushing to our keyboards to gush about the team...?

or is it just the Xmas workload that is keeping us from commenting?

BTW, that's a 4-0 away win. At a ground we've not won at for 16 years. (albeit given the fact that Saufend are in total freefall both on and off the field atm). Oh, and top of the 'last 8 game' form table with a +20 goal difference. It's all quite good isn't it..
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Re: Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside

Post by Werthers Original »

I was at the dentist on Saturday afternoon and consoled myself during the surgery by thinking, oh I expect we’ll win 4-0. It’s really strange that we’ve suddenly become a team that seems able to win well and with ease every week, and people have got used to it so quickly
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

I was at the game, Jerome, and it reminded me of the last time I saw us win there, in 1992 when we were full of goals, and they were appalling.

(We ended up that season largely rubbish and they ended up with Stan Collymore).

The game was over as soon as we got the second, and although they had a little pressure after Fosu had hit the post (how many times has he hit the woodwork this season? I'm saying more times that he's scored) you always felt that if we needed to switch back on, we'd score again.

And we did twice.

Really pleased for Dan Agyei...One, we never seem to have players called Dan. Two, he looks fast and direct, something our other strikers lack.

Henry is a total enigma.Capable of disappearing for most of the game, and yet almost guaranteed to make a telling contribution or two in every match.

And Taylor. What a finisher. And a snide little wind-up merchant. The kind of player you love on your team.

We look very strong, and still have a lot left to come back from injury and the bench.

The only concern for me is, there are a lot of teams competing for two automatic places.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Does Henry disappear? I’m not knowledgeable enough about football to say, but he’s a lovely passer and gets a lot of things going. Maybe he’s more involved in overall play this season. My theory is that his languid style makes everything look easy, so he doesn’t catch the eye as readily as some.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Interesting how sometimes people can see different things in a game. I thought Henry was brilliant - my motm, worked hard, closed things down, never gave the ball away, scored one and then set up Taylor with a lovely skilful run. I think a lot of what he does is unnoticed because people only tend to notice him when what he does leads to a goal.

I think the problems with Dans is that across football (at all levels) Dans simply are not very good - very injury prone :wink:

Good day out as we found this little gem for a couple pre match and one post match www.westroadtap.com/ shame we'll be two divisions apart from them next season.............

Also what is our record unbeaten run - how does this one compare to others we have been on?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Does winning a trophy count as ‘undefeated’ in a season? If so we went on an undefeated run in the league cup in 1986 which we are yet to better.