League Cup 3rd Round Draw

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

League Cup 3rd Round Draw

Post by Roo »

Does anyone know if the the draw is being broadcast live on the radio this evening? I know it's on a Sky TV but I don't have access.

Also, did everyone else know about the prize money? There isn't any in the earlier rounds....!

The winner picks up £100,000 and the runner up gets £50,000. That's a disgrace, bearing in mind the amount of cash swilling around.

I almost have sympathy for Premier League and Championship teams and can almost see why they don't take it seriously.

ALMOST!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: League Cup 3rd Round Draw

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Roo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:27 amAlso, did everyone else know about the prize money? There isn't any in the earlier rounds....!

The winner picks up £100,000 and the runner up gets £50,000. That's a disgrace, bearing in mind the amount of cash swilling around.

I almost have sympathy for Premier League and Championship teams and can almost see why they don't take it seriously.
Well we didn't take it that seriously either, did we? 8 changes from Saturday.

I had no idea about the lack of prize money. No wonder the smaller clubs quite like the Tinpot Trophy - there's something like £10k for every win in that isn't there? Which seems even more like a bribe in the absence of any prize money for the vastly superior Cup.

Nice to still be in the hat for the Milk Cup though. I must admit I turned off the commentary with 15 mins to go last night and didn't bother looking at the scores again, having given up any hope, and was thus very pleasantly surprised when I checked the result this morning! Maybe a tactic I should adopt more often when we're losing...
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

One day I should try and get a list done of what is available to clubs on top of their own ticket sales:-
EPL solidarity payments;
Prize money for League Cup, Trophy, FA Cup;
Share of gate receipts for the cups;
TV money for being shown as a league game;
TV money for the cups, and whether as a live game / extended highlights etc by round.

I think it's been said that a few non-league clubs have received around £1 million just for playing Manchester United away in the FA Cup
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

That is astonishing re the prize money. Even the RogueTrader/Checkatrash/Fleecing.com Trophy has prize money from the sponsorship fund.

Where is the sponsorship money for the League Cup?