George Thorne

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

George Thorne

Post by recordmeister »

According to my many DCFC friends George Thorne is an excellent player but “has the knees of an IRA informant”.

I also noticed he has the same agent as KR... wasn’t it Kardiff Exile who recent wrote:

“Call me old-fashioned, but I feel uneasy about our manager being represented by an agent who also represents an OUFC player (Dickie). That strikes me as a conflict of interest.”

Also note that “A pre-season disrupted by a nerve issue which needed an injection means Thorne is short of fitness.”

You can see the WhatsApp message from his agent now: “Oi Karl, ignore that medical will ya, and give the kid a chance...”
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: George Thorne

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

recordmeister wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:42 am I also noticed he has the same agent as KR... wasn’t it Kardiff Exile who recent wrote:

“Call me old-fashioned, but I feel uneasy about our manager being represented by an agent who also represents an OUFC player (Dickie). That strikes me as a conflict of interest.”
Sounds like he knows what he's talking about, that fella. :lol:

In all seriousness, good spot - I'm sure it's all perfectly above-board, but even allowing the APPEARANCE of a conflict slightly takes the gloss off the good work of recent weeks. One would hope the Chairman and Managing Director can demonstrate that we've acted with propriety if the football authorities ask any questions.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:16 am
recordmeister wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:42 am I also noticed he has the same agent as KR... wasn’t it Kardiff Exile who recent wrote:

Sounds like he knows what he's talking about, that fella. :lol:

In all seriousness, good spot - I'm sure it's all perfectly above-board, but even by allowing the APPEARANCE of something else, it tarnishes the good work of recent weeks. One would hope the Chairman and Managing Director will ensure we can demonstrate that we've acted with propriety if the football authorities ask any questions.
Each agent will act for many players. Should we rule ourselves out of potential high quality signings because of this? Provided it has been handled on an arm’s length basis, I don’t see the problem.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

I can't believe anyone is under any illusions about his fitness - we wouldn't be in contention for the loan if he was fit. I seem to recall someone on the other side said he had an OUFC medical as well. His fitness will be reflected in the terms of the loan, I would imagine.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I feel for the lad

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1793 ... e-surgery/

Not even his knee this time :(
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

He was the real bright spark in the first quarter of the West Ham game too. Real quality passing. Shame for him and Us too I reckon.

At least we have Baptiste who seems to do a similar job. As long as he stays injury free for once...
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

Hard to judge someone on 19 minutes of football but some of his passing in that short time was utterly sublime. Really, really sorry for the bloke, and wish him a very speedy recovery.