Court Place Farm

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Court Place Farm

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Shocking first half, superb second half.

In the first 25 minutes I don’t think we were out of our half for more than a couple of seconds at a time.

McCreadie spent most of the first half chasing shadows. Our young left back in the first half was equally struggling against City’s strength. Nico Jones wasn’t the best at centre back either and for a senior player given the captain’s armband, Moose looked very laboured. Jack Stevens had no chance with their goals, which were down to our midfield giving the ball away too easily, followed by poor defending.

City were well worthy of their half time lead, albeit by the end of the first half, we were just about matching them. Fabio Lopez did OK, and Napa looked very fit and seriously quick.

In the second half there were quite a few player changes. Triallist Guthrie, formerly of Walsall came on at centre back, along with Dickie, and we were much more organised and solid thereafter.

Alex Gorrin did OK, as did Tariq Fosu, who scored with an excellent free kick up and over the wall.

The star of the show however, was Gavin Whyte, who was light years ahead of everyone else in fitness, skill and intelligence. I think most of our goals arose through him, and we had a lot of additional second half chances as well.

Good win and I make that a total of Oxford 5 The Rest 8 for pre-season so far.

Off to Thame this evening, then Brackley tomorrow and Woking on Saturday, if anyone wants to say hello.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Court Place Farm

Post by Dr Bob »

Given our desperate need to replace Nelson, how was Guthrie in particular?
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Re: Court Place Farm

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Dr Bob wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:35 pm Given our desperate need to replace Nelson, how was Guthrie in particular?
Nothing special, but equally no major mistakes. Slightly shorter and slighter build than Dickie, but pretty calm.

My only concern with him would be his involvement in Walsall's relegation.