Nuke it

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Nuke it

Post by OtmoorYellow »

No, I'm not talking about Trump, but the strip for next year.

Looks very similar to the 18/19 kit, bar the loss of collar. Not sure it is different enough to justify 45 quid.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Nuke it

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

To me, the design was reminiscent of the 1995/6 kit - with the omission, as OY points out, of a proper collar. Each to their own, but I've only bought replica kits in recent years that have at the very least a mini flappy collar (like last year). The new one looks too much like a t-shirt rather than a football shirt IMHO.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

It's 2011/12 all over again ...

https://oxfordkits.com/
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Those Nike templates were ghastly affairs . Why was their white on that 2011-2012 kit ?

I like the new strip a lot and the “ proper “ round neck is not something we have seen for decades.

All we need now is a nice white away strip - will look great with the new badge.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Oof, I really hate football shirts with a collar. Keep those for Polo shirts and work shirts, please.

I really like the new kit. More yellow than blue, and no collar.

Cracking stuff.

Just wish we’d drop that horrid badge and go back to just having the Ox logo on its own. Why does it need to be in a crappy shield?
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

recordmeister wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:30 am Oof, I really hate football shirts with a collar. Keep those for Polo shirts and work shirts, please.
Surely this is the issue that will ultimately split mankind in twain. To me, football shirts are not formal work shirts, but nor are they informal t-shirts - they're something altogether different, with their nearest cousin being the humble polo shirt, hence my preference for collars. Plus, on a hot day when the sun's beating down, you can flick your collar up for extra protection from the sun (or just because you want to look a bit like Cantona in his pomp).
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

But most of the collars are either too small or too floppy to be of practical benefit.

I prefer a v-neck collarless football shirt.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

https://www.football365.com/news/rankin ... s-new-kits

Manchester City seem to have our kit as well.

“The woven jacquard wave pattern, running through the shirt, is a visual representation of the looms which were integral to the industrial revolution in Manchester.’

That bullsh*t would be easier to digest were it not a feature on Puma’s other templated jerseys. Like Valencia’s away shirt. Or Oxford United’s…
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Loving the new away kit. Bang on the money.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

slappy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:40 am https://www.football365.com/news/rankin ... s-new-kits

Manchester City seem to have our kit as well.

“The woven jacquard wave pattern, running through the shirt, is a visual representation of the looms which were integral to the industrial revolution in Manchester.”

That bullsh*t would be easier to digest were it not a feature on Puma’s other templated jerseys. Like Valencia’s away shirt. Or Oxford United’s…
Oh come, come! As someone who writes copy for a living I wholeheartedly approve. In fact, the club should be saying

“The woven jacquard wave pattern, running through the shirt, is a visual representation of the narrative threads developed in the city, seen in the likes of Alice In Wonderland, His Dark Materials, and Lord of Rings...”
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... ar-3261188

Apparently we are number 57 in the top divisions for shirt sales, which works out at 13th in League 2, so just one place behind our actual finish last season.