Blackpool

Anything yellow and blue
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Blackpool

Post by Isaac »

I'm not saying it was entirely down to me, but that was my first away game of the season, although I've seen a few on ifollow.

It wasn't particularly entertaining and generally we've looked more threatening attacking wise in other games. Blackpool were poor and strangely it never felt that tense even in the last 10 minutes, which shows the team were well organised and committed. I doubt many would agree with me but I thought Sinclair was our best player, often isolated and up against 2 large defenders he caused them a lot of problems and was never bullied, particularly when the ball was on the floor (which admittedly it wasn't often). His shooting was poor but he showed strength and willing. Garbutt too was better than I thought he'd be.

Generally a good sign for the relegation battle as it shows despite the number of loanees, the team is committed, but this is a team that has problems putting together a series of good performances, so I can see it getting tense.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Blackpool

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I wasn't there, Jerome, but RadOx concurred with your view that Sinclair and Garbutt were the outstanding performers.

In other Blackpool FC news, a new board was put in place yesterday by the Receiver. This removed Owen Oyston from his position as Director, and put in place several 'high calibre' individuals, including one Michael Bolingbroke - a man who was Chief Executive of Inter Milan under Erick Thohir.

In light of the fears expressed on the other thread, I do hope this isn't an indication of Thohir turning his UK footballing attentions elsewhere. As a matter of interest, does anyone know the identity of the person Thohir initially intended to put on the OUFC board as his representative before he took up the position himself?

Incidentally, still no news about whether Blackpool will get the usual 12 point deduction for administration.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Kernow Yellow wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:19 pm Incidentally, still no news about whether Blackpool will get the usual 12 point deduction for administration.
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't as, technically, they aren't in administration. The court have appointed a receiver to oversee the settlement of the debt owed to Valery Belokon. It's a right messy situation and I can well imagine the League shying away from taking action.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Harvey has already indicated he'll let them off ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47284650