Robinson Out

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Re: Robinson Out

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Isaac wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:07 pm
OtmoorYellow wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:16 pm
Isaac wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:34 am This is totally irrelevant though isn't it? Robinson isn't going to be sacked, the club has no money, the owner has no money and the owner will not sack him for that reason alone. Short term financial costs are not being met, given we keep getting winding up orders, so the medium term financial costs of relegation are hardly going to be a priority.
Even back in the late 90's, when the builders stopped at Minchery we never (if I recall correctly) had a winding up order. It's times like this we need some local investigative journalists, but I don't think they exist any more.
Do you really regard 3 months as being medium term?
Well, yes, given there's a winding up order on the club next week, there's a chance the club won't exist in 3 months. Or, we will be in administration, with a ten point deduction, in which case we're relegated anyway. So yes, 3 months is medium term currently.

I know we've had 4 winding up orders now, so maybe it's become accepted that this is how you run a business/football club - i.e. only pay your bills at the very last chance saloon, but it's not normal, or correct.
If the winding up petition is granted, administration won't even be an option on the table.

I don't want to preach to the converted, but administration is an option chosen by a company to try to avoid winding up.

Winding up is the end game.

You are quite correct that the way the club is being run is very much abnormal and very concerning. In that context I guess you could argue that 3 months is medium term or even long term.

Given Tiger's previous machinations of delays in getting cash to the UK from Singapore, and the size of this debt, it will be interesting to see how quickly the cash arrives, if indeed it does arrive.